PDA

View Full Version : I broke up with my girlfriend

stay_gold
20-10-12, 12:54
I wasn't even her fault, she did nothing wrong, it was all me. We both went into it not expecting anything serious, then it got serious so fast, she opened up to me and now I feel guilty cos I know that she gonna hurt alot and get jaded.
It's just that my mind isn't right and I know i'm gonna regert this cos she is an amazing girl and I don't think i'm gonna find anyone like her again.
How do I deal with the aftermath of a break up, I hate this.

musiclover
20-10-12, 13:07
If you feel this strongly for her and recognise you'll regret it, why did you finish with her? Maybe she wants to be with you and support you? Maybe she thinks your wonderful too. I'm only saying this as I have been with an amazing guy for 10 months, for the last 2 months I've been having a relapse. Ok it's not been easy and we have our ups and downs but he wants to stick by me until I am well. This has not been easy for me to accept but I can't push him away, he has to walk and it be his decision. Maybe you should have given her the time to decide, I'm sure if it wasn't right for her she would have said. Big Hugs.

stay_gold
20-10-12, 13:32
I'm not even 100% sure why I did it. I think it's all at the wrong time and I reckon i'll end up treating her badly, i started not trusting her (had no reason not to) and I think I have general trust and commitment issues.
I have learned that she has made me restore my faith in people dating wise but just not in myself.

Anxious_gal
21-10-12, 00:54
You broke up with her instead of leading her on so that's good :)

Tyke
21-10-12, 04:10
I'm not even 100% sure why I did it. I think it's all at the wrong time and I reckon i'll end up treating her badly, i started not trusting her (had no reason not to) and I think I have general trust and commitment issues.
I have learned that she has made me restore my faith in people dating wise but just not in myself.
Sounds like you just aren't ready for a serious relationship, but is this something you want to work towards? Maybe counselling would help you with your trust and commitment issues? If you are happy not being serious that's fine, but if you feel real bad about it and feel your missing out in some way then you don't want the same thing to keep on happening. I used to know a bloke a bit like you with similar issues. He had some super girlfriends but nothing lasted. As soon as things got serious he ended it.

Tyke

stay_gold
22-10-12, 10:49
You broke up with her instead of leading her on so that's good :)

Thanks, the thing is, I feel bad cos she's like me and I know how exactly she's gonna feel and I don't want her to end up like me. I feel guilty and I'm worried I'll get back with her out of guilt. I know if I do that i'll end up dumping her again and that's the thing that is stopping me.

---------- Post added at 10:49 ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 ----------

Sounds like you just aren't ready for a serious relationship, but is this something you want to work towards? Maybe counselling would help you with your trust and commitment issues? If you are happy not being serious that's fine, but if you feel real bad about it and feel your missing out in some way then you don't want the same thing to keep on happening. I used to know a bloke a bit like you with similar issues. He had some super girlfriends but nothing lasted. As soon as things got serious he ended it.

Tyke

Thanks, I just went to my GP to get reffered and he told me that they aren't doing that anymore, and I that need to find another way to decrease me anxiety like excercise. I was like :scared15::lac:.
I'm ok with being on my own atm, its just her i worry about, the effect it will have on her cos I know she really likes me, I like her alot too but I can't. I feel so bad, its stressing me out so much.