PDA

View Full Version : My GP is useless! :@ as

Ziggy455
20-10-12, 13:20
Well I've been on Buspirone!BusPar for two weeks. I've started getting heavy visual disturbances: Like shimmering pin pricks in the centre of my vision, I get them throughout the day. Now I've been taken off BusPar and I went back to my GP. I told him that I want a referral to an ophthalmologist and he ignored me, asked how I was sleeping, I told him fine, sometimes good, rarely bad. He immediately tells me he's putting me on ZOPICLONE! Why!? I asked again for a referral and he tells me GPs don't refer anymore!

These visual disturbances aren't an issue when I'm not worrying about them. But somehow they return to my vision even when my anxiety is low. Optometrist recently told me there was no concern in my eyes so what the hell is wrong with me!? Now I'm getting suddens onsets of dizziness and depersonalisation when using computers. All doctors have done basic neurological tests, blood tests, ECTs and blood pressure monitoring. Everything comes back clear. This is doing my head in and I'm getting angry at my GP for his lack of help.

STEPHYUNO
20-10-12, 18:55
Hey there, firstly you are certainly not alone and it sounds like the anxiety you are experiencing is manifesting in certain areas, it plays on what you fear most. The eye discomfort may be real, but the anxiety exagerates the feeling and causes you to jump to most negative conclusions, (catastrophising).

I know it can feel overwhelming at times and sounds like your so called Doctor isn't helping, if I were you I would contact some other medical practices, tell them that you're thinking of changing practices.(you are entitled to do that under the 'patients charter')

At least that way you may get a Doctor that actually listens and doesn't brush you off, while throwing various drugs at you like you're some kind of guinea pig, (soz about the rant, but been there myself and it can be very frustrating).

Perhaps counselling or CBT may help too.

Best wishes

Steph :)

Ziggy455
20-10-12, 21:51
My anxiety plays on my eyesight and my fear of an aneurysm. I'm going to switch doctors.

white43
20-10-12, 22:42
My anxiety gives me pains in my chest. I often slip between thinking I have lung cancer, a dodgy heart or a massive hiatus hernia. Fear is awful. My GP has a great bedside manner, but he dishes out the standard meds as if they're candy...as a result, I've followed alternative supplementation since last year and only now, my GP has started talking to me about it!

Ziggy455
21-10-12, 01:32
I'm sort of scared stuff constantly because I worry about an aneurysm. I'm going to change my doctor to one that physically LISTENS! The prick prescribed me ZOPICLONE! Just annoys me how far off the map the GPs truly can be.

I was diagnosed with GAD and PTSD and I'm going counselling and getting onto my counsellor about CBT.

almamatters
21-10-12, 08:18
Hi Ziggy, I am having to pay for private scans as my GP thinks all my symptoms are down to anxiety. I am frustrated and angry at the lack of help I have received. Been given antidepressants, diazapam and that one that slows your heart down (cant remember the name) when they don't even know why my heart is going so fast. I know I am a anxious person, but even anxious people get ill! Good luck to you. :hugs:

Ziggy455
21-10-12, 10:50
The thing that annoys me is that even the doctors at A&E said not all my symptoms are related to anxiety!? I understand I've taken tests that should reinforce my sanity. I hear blood tests and manual neurological tests can pick up on many things. I'm just sort of worried about my head. I had the biggest panic attack in a while yesterday because the tip of my tongue went numb and Doctor ****ing Google of course pointed to a brain stem aneurysm.

I'm sick of feeling like this. Counselling starts tomorrow. And I'm underway in swapping surgeries. I can't afford private.