PDA

View Full Version : Feeling fat & frantic!

strawberry1977
20-10-12, 13:32
Hiya everyone
I've been suffering from panic attacks for the last 15months. My meds are Cipralex 20mg daily, Buspirone 5mg three times daily & Amitriptyline 25mg twice daily. To cut a very long story short ( FOR NOW ) I have gained 3 stone in the last year & have hit rock bottom. I've gone from running my own shop to feeling like a prisoner in my own home! I know I'm not alone &
I need to gain some control, so I've joined this forum & introduced myself.
On a positive note I am looking forward to talking to people who understand.

Natalie :bighug1:

nomorepanic
20-10-12, 13:43
Hi strawberry1977

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Siany
20-10-12, 14:08
Hi Natalie

I'm a newbie here too. Except I haven't taken the first step of seeking professional help for my anxiety yet. I'm really sorry to hear your story.

But maybe a good idea would be to set yourself some goals physically and mentally. If you want to lose the weight, maybe having to focus on a good, healthy diet and a good exercise regime will sometimes ease the stress of anxiety and by healthy diet, I mean losing the weight healthily rather than crash dieting, because those are awful diets!

Always here if you need a chat or some moral support and welcome to NMP :):hugs:

Sian x

strawberry1977
20-10-12, 14:26
Hiya Sian Its great to hear from you hun. I'm sure you will go to the doctors when you're good & ready too, cheers for dieting advice its all been self inflicted ya know. Upto 12 stone lol :D