PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!!

Tota_83
20-10-12, 14:14
One day i was browesing the internet for some information on my medication and i came across to this website so i decided to become a member. I am 29 years old and i ve been suffering from GAD, panic attacks, thoughts and all the rest that come with this problems since my teen years. I used to take paxil for about 4 years then switched to prozac but it was not working for me and the past month i switched to cipralex. At the moment i am full of anxiety and negative thoughts, i am afraid about my future and i constantly ask my self why i have to be like this. I believe that in here i can find similar experiences and most of all people that won't judge me.

Thanks for your time!!:)

nomorepanic
20-10-12, 14:24
Hi Tota_83

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Sparkle1984
20-10-12, 14:43
Welcome to the forums! :) I'm sure you'll find plenty of help here, as I certainly have. I have GAD too, and I've had it on an off for many years, but it was only in August that I plucked up the courage to seek help, as it was really getting me down. Hopefully your cipralex will start to work soon.

Harley
20-10-12, 16:07
Hi Tota. Sorry that you are feeling so bad. I think most of ask why do we have to be like this. I too suffered from panic attacks, GAD and irrational thoughts. For me the thoughts became the thing I could handle the least. They were with me every waking moment, like having a constant chatter in my head. It is a horrible thing to have to go through. But as you will read from the postings on this site, there are so many others suffering. I used to look at people and think, why me? I was convinced that I was alone in this.
You say you have been on medication for some years. Have you been offered any sort of therapy? After many years, I made a full recovery using a combination of drugs and therapy. I hope this helps. No one is going to judge you. It is so hard for those who have never suffered anxiety and depression to understand what we have to go through and how hard it is sometimes to get through the next minute, let alone a whole day. X

Sparkle1984
20-10-12, 16:24
Hi Harley, you said you made a full recovery using a combination of drugs and therapy. Which ones did you use?

BobbyDog
20-10-12, 18:11
Hey tota 83
You are most :welcome:

Tota_83
20-10-12, 21:21
Thank you everyone for your responses. It is really reassuring knowing that there are other people feeling or have felt the way i do.

Harley could you be more specific on what kind of drugs and therapy combination you had?
In the beginning i had psychoanalysis without taking medication, it didn't really help and then i took just medication (paxil) for about 4 years and it was really really helpful but at some point last year during certain circumstances everything came back. So i started CBT some months ago and i changed my medication. CBT seems that it can be really helpful and in many situations i can make use of the techniques but it serious panic attacks or despair it is really hard to focus on these.

Annie0904
20-10-12, 21:22
Hi :welcome:

Laura123
20-10-12, 21:53
Helloooooooo x

paranoidtree
20-10-12, 23:03
Hi and :welcome: Hope you find the support you are looking for

blue October
20-10-12, 23:28
:hugs:

Magic
20-10-12, 23:35
Hello Tota,
I Don't usually stop up this late, I just wanted to let you know that you will find
friends on here who understand and can ask for advise or just chat.
It has been-- and still is my get a way place because I am not frightened of asking for help or advice and you can learn things --what other people say about themselves.
Take care

MissLady83
21-10-12, 00:00
Welcome to the forum :D

Cocomademoiselle
21-10-12, 16:54
Hi Tota, I like you decided to join this site when browsing the internet. I am recently ish turned 30 so around about your age too. I started with Panic and anxiety feelings about 5 years ago, it was awful, I tried Citalopram which heightened the anxiety and made me feel like I was going mad and woudl never get better, I stopped and my doctor convinved me to try Cipralex (what you are on), Im glad I did as it really helped. I know one drug can be completely different for another person. How long have you been taking the Cipralex ? I was on it for 3 years at 10mg, then 20mg for another 2 years. I find it really works but I did get down with stressful situations or normal life stressors eg bereavement, job stress, relationship stress etc but aside from all that it really gave me my life back.

Tota_83
22-10-12, 19:05
Thanks for the welcome everyone!!:D

Cocomademoiselle
23-10-12, 13:39
Hi Tota how are you getting on with the Cipralex ?

Tota_83
24-10-12, 09:37
Hey Coco!

I think the medication has started kicking in but it's not quite stable yet. I m just trying not to depend on meds a lot, but work with myself.

Cocomademoiselle
25-10-12, 19:33
Good luck I hope it all works out for you