PDA

View Full Version : on cit for 10 weeks now a new brand

nippy70
20-10-12, 16:55
H all , went on to cit about 10 weeks ago with a ceretain brand , had bad time but after 6 weeks it all went and i was my normal self for a week. I had a bad blip then went to docs for a new prescription. I went to a different chemist and got a new brand ,,, been on this brand for 3 weeks now and its like ive started it all over again . not much sleep, fatigue feel faint, dizzy blurred vision. tingles in the body,, feel spaced out but not head just body .... i dont know if i should go back to docs for a new prescription and try to go back to my original chemist ,,,, try and lower them to 10 mg and not 20mg,,,,,, or just try for another 3 to 4 weeks and ride it out.... i have read that different brands can effect you ,, yes 20 mg of cit with one is 20 mg of sit with another but i read that its the fillers. even my mate whos a consutlant says the fillers can effect you more,,

what should i do ,,,, miss my old self , no motivation now to do things,,,,aaarrrghghghghghghg

Sparkle1984
20-10-12, 17:37
Which brand is it that you're not responding well to? Personally I've found the Bristol Laboratories brand to be effective.

nippy70
20-10-12, 21:01
Is it generic

dogsandtea
20-10-12, 21:07
I started at 20mg on Aurobindo pharmacuticals and i was wondering.. could that be the cause of the horrific side effects? I don't think id ever taken those ones before either. Never when i was on 20mg and not when i was on 10mg. Then when going back up to 20mg these were the ones i got... Hmm...

I have sandoz ones again, which ive had in the past and seem to be ok, but 10mg ones now.

diggory
21-10-12, 20:04
I had this problem and thought it was because I had been to a different chemist for my stash. Saw the batch out and still feeling a little off went to see my Doctor who said that I should have seen her earlier and brought the tablets in for her to examine ! She did say there should be no difference, but after that I always went to the same chemist..... just in case !!

Sparkle1984
21-10-12, 21:01
Thing is, even going to the same chemist doesn't always guarantee you'll be given the same brand, as I know from personal experience. :(

nippy70
21-10-12, 22:14
think would be easier if i tried to come off it ,, only been on 10 weeks ,, life woul dbe back to normal ,,, felt fine and had a sex life before this lolol

Sparkle1984
21-10-12, 23:02
Well I think it's best if you discuss this with your doctor. As you're 10 weeks in, you should be starting to feel better now and if you don't, it's probably not going to work for you. You can always consider a different medication which may work better for you.

little scientist
22-10-12, 10:34
Thing is, even going to the same chemist doesn't always guarantee you'll be given the same brand, as I know from personal experience. :(

yep, nearly every time I go I get a different brand from the same pharmacy!