PDA

View Full Version : Been doing so well now I'm hopeless

madeuprolemodel
21-10-12, 00:41
It has been a while since I last posted which had been great! But today was a complete breakdown and I blame it all on doctor google and his ways! Basically I have been having a bruised like feeling in my foot when I walk for the last few days along with cramp like pain in my calf :/ all only in my left leg! So I google and the first thing to described symptoms was DVT ( in limping when walking its tender to touch...pain in left calf but no swelling or redness) I went to the waking in clinic today to get seen to and they said it could
Be down to wearing different shoes and a simple muscle cramp... I don't feel 100 % they did measure calfs and felt around but they didn't seem worried so why is it my gut is telling me not to trust it??

madeuprolemodel
21-10-12, 10:26
Anyone :(

Laura123
21-10-12, 10:28
Your brain is in panic mode and trying to trick you into freaking out, the clinic would have picked up on dvt, try some ibuprofen and rest it for a few days see if it improves x

gonzo1958
21-10-12, 10:54
Hi, i had similar symtoms last weekend, like a bruised ankle but no pain in the calf, are you on medication ? i think DVT has more obvious signs like severe swelling and redness but you can always get a second opinion via GP etc
D.

paranoidtree
21-10-12, 10:58
I get this worry all the time! Though i have been reassured by my osteopath (not my doctor!) that in DVT your calf sizes would be different so best way to tell is by measuring each of your calfs in the same place - no difference = unlikely chance of DVT. I get this feeling quite often and mine stems from where i am overcompensating on one side in my back when i sit and walk. Try to rest your leg, take some paracetamol, do some gentle stretching and see how you feel in a few days. If you have someone willing maybe a nice massage too?

Ziggy455
21-10-12, 12:29
I know, like 90% of people in this forum that anxiety projects pain and symptoms a thousand times worse than what we really feel. You are fine. Rest and take some painkillers and try not to focus.

- Zigs.