PDA

View Full Version : im losing it! cancer fears!low and feeling so alone!

hollymuso
21-10-12, 01:03
hi. for a long time now ive had more days spent fearing cancer than days of happy living! it cant be normal what im feeling. i have gone form lung cancer fears to ovarian cancer fears literally over night!! i cant take anymore. getting so so low and like im the only person going through this. i feel isolated and scared a constant nagging. tonight at work eveyone kept asking..why so sad your not yourself!!..sick of it. i didnt concentrate once! ive suffered fears before but it feels like im having a 'feeling' im gonna have cancer. im having a blood test beacuse doc wants to put my mind at rest. ive been having recurring abdominal pains..not severe ..just annoying. and more often now im tuned into it it seems! up till last week i had shoulder pain form nowhere and convinced myself it was lung cancer. im 25 and went to osteopath..and still worried.now i worry about something else the pain has gone??!! one reassurance is that keeps happenign. but i have noticed this twinging down my leg more on righ tside for a while now...dunno how i didnt notice it before. i did but was too busy worryign abotu my lungs! i quit smoking 2 months ago and lifes got worse since then. please someone please help me!!! my family tells me how irrational im being but i genuinely believe my fears until there is a distraction it seems! i dont know what to do. im crying writing this. im crossing my fingers its another period coming. i do have pcos so possible!
any advice on how i can calm down? i feel crazy!

Laura123
21-10-12, 01:16
I am sorry you are suffering. Health anxiety is a horrible thing, please believe me when I tell you that what you are going through is created by your mind and reality is you are healthy and fine apart from your HA, the mind is so powerful and creates all sorts if symptoms and pains when it is over sensitised. Have you ever had cbt, you can ask your doctor to be referred, it's so helpful. X

Ziggy455
21-10-12, 01:23
When we think of cancer, we ultimately assume we have the worst kind. If you are finding yourself thinking about a different cancer every few days/weeks, then it's obvious anxiety is to blame. I can assure you, you don't have cancer. Most symptoms of cancer are sort of HEAVY WARNING signs and 9/10 times if you stick to a healthy diet, regularly exercise, and keep your mind busy, you will live a long long life. Can you tell me some of your symptoms that make you worry?

- Zigs.

hollymuso
21-10-12, 01:56
well for the ling cancer it was shoulder pain(which is now getting better) for the ovarian cancer its bloating ..twinging and period like cramps on and off for quite a while. since reading ytou need to pee a lot ..ive needed to pee a lot. back ache on same side as the ovary pain...but i was diagnosed with a twisted pelvis last week which he started fixing. i wonder if all the muscles around my pelvis are julted or something. it defo feel like a period cramp thing though..but i am not due, and not ovulating i dont think so im confused. it interests me that i tend not to feel it when im not thinking about it. also with quitting smoking things are worse. i feel like i dont know my own body! i feel as though things may never get better. i finished uni this year too and miss my friends terribly. cant find work in my feild and cant move out of parents home. im smuthered, lonely yet never a alone! miserable and praying every night i wont die! what the hell!?!

p.s. thanks for your replies! x

Ziggy455
21-10-12, 02:16
well for the ling cancer it was shoulder pain(which is now getting better) for the ovarian cancer its bloating ..twinging and period like cramps on and off for quite a while. since reading ytou need to pee a lot ..ive needed to pee a lot. back ache on same side as the ovary pain...but i was diagnosed with a twisted pelvis last week which he started fixing. i wonder if all the muscles around my pelvis are julted or something. it defo feel like a period cramp thing though..but i am not due, and not ovulating i dont think so im confused. it interests me that i tend not to feel it when im not thinking about it. also with quitting smoking things are worse. i feel like i dont know my own body! i feel as though things may never get better. i finished uni this year too and miss my friends terribly. cant find work in my feild and cant move out of parents home. im smuthered, lonely yet never a alone! miserable and praying every night i wont die! what the hell!?!

p.s. thanks for your replies! x

Anxiety is a crazy thing. Even if you feel better, anxiety remains in your subconscious. Your mind will project whatever symptoms you fear. (For my aneurysm fear I have visual disturbances, eye pain, TMJ) but you rarely actually hit the proverbial line of no return. The symptoms kick off but eventually wither away. You are fine, your symptoms are all anxiety, try not to overthink everything! You're fine!

- Zigs.

sparkle_1979
21-10-12, 09:37
just wanted to tell you that you are not alone feeling like this. Im exactly the same. I have to beautiful girls and I should be enjoying every min of them not worrying that their mum is not going to be arond to take care of. I hate it too x

gonzo1958
21-10-12, 11:04
Hi giving up smoking can cause some anxiety and make you edgy about your health and feeling guilty about having smoked in the past but it doesn,t sound as though you smoked for much of your life so this should go in your favour. When my anxiety is high i think i have every complaint under the sun and have been convinced i would croak it. Your Gp should be able to rule things out through tests etc which should give you better peace of mind.
D,