PDA

View Full Version : Tension headache?

Savannah
21-10-12, 10:32
I started with a tight ache at base of my head/neck at 5 Ish yesterday afternoon. It felt tight behind my ear and jaw on that side too so I assumed it was tension. By 7pm I felt anxious and had a slight anxiety attack out of the blue, I think probably caused by worrying about the headache. The pain by 11 had crept up to my crown but only right sided. It hurt mainly if I moved head up and down, stood up quickly.... If sat still I felt ok really. By 2 though it started throbing on the top of my head but only right side. I was very anxious and worried. I took paracetamol at 2am and it eased off and I managed to sleep for a few hour.

Today jaw aches a little and low at back of the head on right side like how it started yesterday and hurts if I nod my head like a brick rattling around.

I suffer with tension headaches which do start one sided and throb when I move so I'm thinking it was a particularly bad tension head as I had been upset all day. I lost my nan in July and I had a night like last nights head in August after being upset. Also recently had a traumatic time with my mum and brother causing me terrible upset and anxiety.

I'm on the combined pill (low dose, Loestrin 20) to help my heavy periods, I'm nearly 4 months in and I feel much better on it and don't want to have to come off it. I'm panicking though I'm having migraines:((( that's fueling the head pain making it worse:((

Can anyone help reassure me?

Annie0904
21-10-12, 12:23
Sorry to hear you have had quite a few upsets recently and they would add to your anxieties and make headaches worse. I had quite a bad night last night and my head feels much like you describe today. My whole head seems to hurt today, ears, neck, eyes etc. I know it is just tension. I hope you feel better soon and send you :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Savannah
21-10-12, 15:38
Thank you Anna, you too x