PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Wisconsin

seraone
09-08-06, 17:27
Hi Everyone~

I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself. As long as I can remember, I have always been a bit of a perfectionist, needing everything to be orderly, and feeling out of control when things were not so. As I got into my teenage years, I began having anxiety, but nothing too bothersome. When I was 19, I lost my Grandmother to cancer. In the months leading to her death, I quit college, working, and my social life to help care for her in my parent's home. It hit me hard, and I had my first panic attacks then. It took some time, but I realized that I had to move on. The panic subsided and I have gone through many life changes since then, lost more loved ones, and began a family of my own.

A few months ago, I lost my Grandfather. I think that hit me even harder than I thought. I began to have wiered symptoms. Heart racing for two weeks straight, went to the Doc, did an EKG, nothing wrong. Thought it was wiered. Then a few weeks later, I began to get dizzy, light headed, tingly, short of breath, aches all over my body. I thought for sure I was dying. After a week of having it really bad, I went to the ER. They ran all the tests, chest x-ray, blood tests, EKG, blood clot test and nothing. Then they asked about my anxiety history and nicely suggested that I look into seeing a doc about a panic/anxiety disorder. They gave me an ativan and sent me on my way.

So, here I am. I've been educating myself on this as much as possible. I'm still in denial, but wanted to be proactive so I have been going to a therapist for a few weeks now to sort through my issues with all of the loss I have had in my life. I have also found a few message boards where I have found others like myself. I really thought I was alone in my struggle. It has helped me tremendously. There is something therapeutic about being able to share your story and learn from others as well. I'm glad to be here!

IanB
09-08-06, 17:37
Hi Seraone

Welcome to the forum. You will find a new batch of friends that are only to willing to help. I relate deeply to you tale.

Ian

manmoor
09-08-06, 17:57
Hi Seranone,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

nicjay
09-08-06, 18:09
Hi Seraone

Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of useful information and help here.

Nicola
xxx

nomorepanic
09-08-06, 18:58
Hi Seraone

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

Nicola

Lindalou64
09-08-06, 22:41
Hi Sereone.............ah another american...lol you have came to a great site made lots of friends very supportive i hope u find that also.wish ya the best......Linda [8D]

tammyg
09-08-06, 23:18
Hi Seraone,

A warm welcome to the site. I am sure you will find reassurance and comfort here. Painful events often trigger panic and anxiety again, be nice to yourself. Sounds like you did a great job caring for your Grandmother and these things take time to deal with.

I hope you find some help here.

Tammy x

seraone
10-08-06, 01:28
Thank you all so much for the warm welcome! It's nice to meet you all! :)

giddy
10-08-06, 09:09
Welcome to the forum Seraone
love Helen

Eclipse
10-08-06, 09:35
Hi seraone,

Another welcome to add to the list!

Glad you found the forum & hope it helps.

Magz
XX

scoobygirl2005
10-08-06, 12:50
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

polly daydream
10-08-06, 14:19
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

dph
15-08-06, 11:08
Hey mate,
Nice to meet you. It feels as though you're going to loose it sometimes when you keep it all to youself. Talking, or to be more precise, writing down your feelings is a great release.
Take care and all the best. Darcy

ps and a big g'day from OZ