PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Cocomademoiselle
21-10-12, 17:02
Hi Im new to this site thought id say hi ! I usually google things and have read a good few posts on here that have been very helpful and have finally decided to join so I can post and help anybody that I can.

I am suffering with depression, I started with panic attacks and acute anxiety about 5 years ago, before that I used to have it on and off would only last a few days week max and would use diazepam for this but on the main occasion 5 years ago it seemed to last for weeks and weeks and would not go away. The doctors put me on Citalopram but this just made me feel 10 X worse, aggitated, sick, dizzy, heightened anxiety and a feeling of going mad. I stopped after a week as I was so frightened. I went back to the doctors and vowed never to take an antidepressant again and just rely on Diazepam. But I wasnt getting any better I hadnt slept for over a month, and was getting worse. In the end I thought I had nothing to loose and tried Cipralex (Escitalopram) and I was expecting to feel as bad as I did on the Citalopram but I didnt and I felt it worked within about 1-2 weeks I felt like I was getting better. I have tried in time to cut down and reduce but every time I get stressed or upset I am in a negative thinking cycle and I become feeling depressed and anxious again, never as bad as the first instance, but I always end up re-started my tablets because I feel life is too short to feel like that when I know these tablets work for me. 5 years on Im not sure what happened whether they stopped working for me but the past few weeks been feeling really low, ive given it time etc but its not gone. So back to the doctors and they have started me on 15mg Mirtazapine and to go back in 2 weeks time to increase or see how I am. xx

BobbyDog
21-10-12, 17:12
I hope the Mirtazapine works for you, the side effects seem to be a little less harsh than some SSRI's, I have found it really helpful in dealing with my anxiety/depression.

:welcome:

nomorepanic
21-10-12, 17:15
Hi Cocomademoiselle

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Cocomademoiselle
21-10-12, 17:17
I hope the Mirtazapine works for you, the side effects seem to be a little less harsh than some SSRI's, I have found it really helpful in dealing with my anxiety/depression.

:welcome:

Thanks Bobbydog. Im hoping that Mirtazapine can do the trick. You are definatately right about less side effects as I had terrible ones when I tried Citalopram in the past that scared me half to death, but so far even though ive been expecting them, so far so good on the Mirtazapine.

Laura123
21-10-12, 17:36
Hi coco, welcome to nmp, it's a great place for support and a wee shoulder. Xx

ricardo
21-10-12, 18:26
Hello coco,

I am sure you will get help and friendship on here.

As I live in Spain I am not familiar with all the UK drug names and by the way you can buy any anti depressant over the counter over here without prescription, except Valium and associated drugs.

I have tried nearly every drug, but I am drug sensitive, but hopefully though it isn't funny the latest drug I was prescribed was Deprax. one side effect is a permanent errection ( I kid you not ) which can actually be quite dangerous :shrug:

Cocomademoiselle
21-10-12, 18:58
Thanks Laura xxx

Thanks Ricardo, wow I didnt know you could buy antidepressants over the counter in Spain, you learn something new everyday. ! x