PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts - please *** off!

meche
21-10-12, 17:03
Im feeling better than I did yesterday but I just cant escape the horrible thoughts. Apart from the genuine lump I have in my breast, I've now got the following:

Tight/blocked feeling on left side of chest
Can't get enough air & keep taking huge breaths
Pain in shoulder/back - again left side
Breast pain

I'm not panicking & fairly calm but the bad thoughts are creeping in. My 'potential' cancer has spread. Why is my mind doing this to me. I'm worried enough about upcoming tests! Somebody please put me out of my misery. xx

Ats666
21-10-12, 17:08
You know I know exactly how you feel, like you I am not panicking as much but the bad thoughts won't go away. I have my appointment tomorrow so I feel worse today than I have all week. Wish I could tell you how to get rid of the thoughts, but if I knew that I would be using it myself....big hugs to you Hun :hugs:

Laura123
21-10-12, 17:18
STOP IT!!!!!! Sweetie you know what this is, you are over breathing, lie down for 10 min and breathe from tummy not your chest! Xxx

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

Stop gulping air down, actually hold your breath for 10 seconds, exhale and do it again, this will restore your oxygen back to normal x

meche
21-10-12, 17:21
Thank you. It's a nightmare isn't it. I know the thing I fear most is unlikely but it's like my anxiety senses my fear & is playing games with me. xx

Laura123
21-10-12, 17:24
That's what it is, a big annoying bloody game, shame it's not fun! X

meche
21-10-12, 17:24
I know Laura & I'm trying so hard not to think about it. It's like I can't control my thought process. I'm not doing it on purpose & I'm boring myself with the amount of posting I'm doing. xx

lo89
21-10-12, 17:27
I am having the same situation right now, since getting over my lymphoma fear I have decided I must have skin cancer and it has spread to my ribs and neck, I have got chest pains and stomach cramps, I can pinpoint exactly where my imagined tumours are, and there is literally no lumps where I think I have a tumour yet I can't get rid of these thoughts! Hang in there, won't be long until you know for sure and then you can move on from this!

panic12
21-10-12, 17:30
The breathing thing is due to concentrating on it, this was my very first anxiety symptom, took months to get over it, turns out all I had to do was ignore it.

Laura123
21-10-12, 17:32
Don't be silly you are not boring anyone, you need reassurance and that's why we are all here, we all know what is wrong with us really, and we all know that we are doing this to ourselves, but none of us really know how to stop it, all we can do is share what works for us and helps calm, and reassure each other, you know, today I am strong and can easily pick you up, tomorrow I may be flat on my arse and looking to you for help xx

meche
21-10-12, 17:41
And I will be here for you honey just as you have been for me. I'm great at dishing out advice but can't take my own :wacko:!
Panic; yeh - the breathing thing is disturbing & don't understand why I'm feeling it more in my left lung. If I'm busy or distracted I don't notice it so I suppose that says something. xx