PDA

View Full Version : Ultrasound this week...scared

angrry
21-10-12, 17:41
so after 9 weeks of waiting...i will finally get my abdominal ultrasound this week. I'm very scared of the results. I'm so convinced I have something terrible like pancreatic or liver cancer...abdominal pain, back pain, lighter coloured stools...my doctor maintains he is not concerned...I, however, am terrified...i'm hoping that if i had something serious like that the symptoms would be much worse by now...really struggling to hang on....

lo89
21-10-12, 17:45
Good luck for your scan, your doctor wouldn't have you waiting 9 weeks if he was worried!

meche
21-10-12, 17:50
Seems to be quite a few of us waiting for scans/results lately. I would tell you not to worry but I know how you must be feeling. Wishing you all the ver best & sending you huge huge hugs. xx

angrry
21-10-12, 17:54
ty lo89 and Meche....i sure hope it comes out ok...but as a veteran hypochondriac i really have my doubts

meche
21-10-12, 17:58
I think deep deep (very deep) down, we all know we are going to be ok. Unfortunately our HA thought process tells us otherwise. xx

lo89
21-10-12, 18:06
I agree with meche! I have been a hypochondriac since before I knew what one was! My mum used to always say to me "you are such a hypochondriac" - I have only got worse since I discovered Google and began to learn more about my own body!

almamatters
21-10-12, 18:07
Best of luck to you hope it goes fine. :hugs:

ChrisMayo
21-10-12, 18:10
Hey Angrry,

I'm waiting to get my appointment through for the same scan. I've had one before, and they can see straight away if there is anything drastic going on, mine kept going over and over the same bit, so I was sure he'd found something, then he just said "well that all looks fine, but we'll send the full results to your Dr next week".

As soon as we fixate on something, we start to panic.

My back has started hurting today, and that's got me worrying again, even though it's probably the fact, there less of me since I've been stressing / not eating enough, and I'm already underweight, so my body is just a bit tired.

There are so many normal explanations for nasty symptoms. At least you are doing the right thing and getting it checked, I'm sure all will show up fine :)

angrry
21-10-12, 18:30
ty Chris sure hope you're right

ty alma

angrry
22-10-12, 23:17
these days are dragging...Wednesday still seems so far away...I'm scared of the results..but I want this over so I can hopefully get my life back...I hate being so scared

Acidomoduso
24-10-12, 02:15
Hi angrry. I recently had a blood test that showed high triglycerides, high cholesterol and a (as the doctor put it) struggling liver. My stools are also light in colour and I have pain in my right side under the ribs and in my back.
I had an ultrasound last week to check for gallstones. He also checked over my whole abdomen. He really studied it and took about 15 minutes. He even went round both sides. He told me that there were no gallstones and my organs looked absolutely text book. The only thing he said he couldn't see was the stomach - apparently ultrasound can't see the stomach well. I guess he checked liver, kidneys, gallbladder, pancreas and the intestinal area. I have to go back on the 7th for the doctor to go through my results but the word of the guy who has probably done thousands of scans has reassured me somewhat.
I'm sure your results will be fine. Oh, and on another note... my 3 year old boy also has very light stools! It would seem it is more common than you think.
Good luck.

angrry
24-10-12, 05:25
Hi Acidomoduso...tyvm for the reply...i had blood tests last month and all seemed ok..stool seems darker now...but I now have itchy skin again..it had gone away for a few weeks but now its back...my u/s is tomorrow night at 10pm..so less than 24hrs to go...I really wish this was all over with already...I'm getting more and more depressed as i get closer to the test...I'm unable to blame any of this on gallstones as I had my gallbladder removed 3 years ago...I guess what will be will be...I'm just very very scared...I really appreciate the support everyone has given me..I hope you all feel better and get clear results from tests you are waiting for or results...I'll let you know how it goes...tyvm again

Eek
24-10-12, 12:22
Good luck with your scan tomorrow.

almamatters
24-10-12, 12:47
Good luck for tomorrow, I know how scary it is. :hugs:

almamatters
25-10-12, 12:44
How did you go on? Let us know

Eek
25-10-12, 13:24
Yes how did it go?

angrry
25-10-12, 19:36
Hi alma, Eek....it didnt seem to take very long..and the tech said it would take 7-10 days for the results...i see my doc on Tuesday...so more waiting...to me it seemed she spent a lot of time over my liver...but who knows...I really appreciate you asking about it....I'll definitely let you know once I see my doc...

almamatters
25-10-12, 19:49
Hi can so relate to you at the moment, I was lucky in a way I suppose as got my results straight away, problem is they only indicate what has shown up and you then have to wait again for more tests to establish what they have found (if anything) hope your scan is clear :hugs: Good luck.

angrry
25-10-12, 21:05
ty alma...hopefully you get good results too

almamatters
25-10-12, 21:13
thank you

supportneeded
25-10-12, 22:56
Hey. I hope you get the results you need, I can understand exactly your anxiety your going through, it's strange cos I get adomal pain and have had it for about two months. Under my ribs, mid back ache right side and shoulder blade pain is probably the worst.

I'm waiting for my ultrasound

I wish you the very best x

Eek
26-10-12, 08:21
The waiting is the worst. I had my ultrasound results the next day (I have a hemangioma in my liver which my doctor says is benign and needs nothing further doing to it) but I have to wait until the end of next week for my echo results and it's so hard it's driving me mad. Good luck with the results and hopefully they come through quickly for you.

almamatters
26-10-12, 12:14
Hi Eek
Have messaged you if this is ok. Thanks

angrry
27-10-12, 04:05
thanks everyone...no calls from the doc..i'm thinking if something was found he would have called me in before my scheduled appt...at least thats what i'm hoping...hope you get good results supportneeded and eek....

TheRoyalGeek
07-09-15, 02:22
I know this is old but when I had my ultrasound done, the doctor called me just to let me know I had a mild fatty liver and not to worry. THough here I am a year later and still freaking out. It really sucks.

angrry
08-09-15, 17:05
wow...is this a blast from the past...weird how something this old will be found by someone and resurface. I, fortunately am still kicking..ultrasound back then was normal...of course I'm in the middle of a new HA episode..colon cancer this time...lots of right side pain and other symptoms...holding on by my fingernails right now..I see the doctor on the 18th for my annual physical..although I had a colonoscopy 6 years ago, I am now 52...I foresee another scope and possibly an abdominal CT in my very near future