PDA

View Full Version : IBS, worrying that it's something more..

mbXC393
21-10-12, 18:16
Hi all,

I'm new here, although sadly I'm not new to worrying about my health. Aside from that I'm 23, male, a student and a keen cyclist!

Anyway 4 weeks or so ago I moved back to university (same house as before) and following that I've had pretty irregular bowel movements (looser - no blood though), noisy stomach and a fair bit of wind. I understand these can be attributed to many things so I returned back home this weekend to see my GP.
I've previously been told I've had IBS(well, she thought it was, over a year ago now) and I didn't prove to be a celiac either (following a test)

Anyway, this time round my GP felt my stomach area and following my description of symptoms and concluded that it was indeed again IBS. I was prescribed Colofac IBS (over the counter stuff though) and this has alleviated some of the symptoms over the 2days (wind mainly) but my bowel movements are still indifferent (normal, then loose).

I'm convinced it's something worse, I understand this isn't a medical board, but if anyone whose been in a similar situation can advise I'd appreciate it.

I've done the silly thing of reading up on bowel cancer and now I believe these symptoms are just that, getting myself into a right state.

many thanks

mb