PDA

View Full Version : I'm certain there's something wrong with me!!!

radio1
21-10-12, 18:38
Hi, I am new here signed up purely to see if I could get some help with this lot. So I am going to go through everything (some of it might be relevant, some may be not - but it's all in there!)

I am a 32 male - smoked since I was 15, enjoyed a bottle of wine twice a week and probably 5/6 beers over the weekend for the last 8 years.

About two months ago I had a holiday for three weeks - there wasn't one night I didn't have a drink (most nights just 1 or 2 beers). Now previous to this holiday I had started to get joint pain for a few weeks , on the inside of my knees (used a pillow between them to stop rubbing together, irritating) and also abdominal pain which could be described as sudden in any area of the abdomen sometimes nipping, sometimes burning etc etc. After the holiday it got worse and I was feeling nausea every day towards late evening.

Went to the doctors and she took blood tests and liver function, complete blood count came back fine. I am booked in for a ultrasound to come this week. Now as this was a few weeks ago and I have stopped drinking excessively - doctor says it is fine to drink just within RDA.

At the same time i came back from the holiday I noticed white patches started forming on the underside of my forearms - the doctor said they were a sign of poor circulation and to cut down smoking. I can't find much on that on the internet but now my hands are getting a mild stiffness and my upper arms are getting sore when elevated for any amount of time. To top it off my neck and shoulders have been absolutely in agony when I have woken up for the last two weeks, it gets better through the day but still with a weakness and pain most of the day.

As said, liver function is fine - the doctor has put me for an ultrasound but the strange thing is the abdominal pain seems to have improved since not drinking (despite liver function being okay!!!).

Very apprehensive about going back tot he doctor about the neck pain and arm pain because i am starting to think I am going mad or worse! there is something seriously wrong with me because when i put all these symptoms into the symptom checkers online i get the serious undesirables like thyroid or pancreatic cancer! So anyways now it is my neck and arms / circulation - what is going on? I have started doing self tests i have seen online like checking thyroid. To my amazement i not only have an Adams apple AND what seems to be like possibly (could it be?) a swollen thyroid but I also have a THIRD lump above my Adams apple to the right!!!

Can anyone help - what is wrong with me?

Annie0904
21-10-12, 18:46
I am sure the ultrasound will show if there is anything wrong. Good that your tests have been normal so far. I don't think anyone here can really say what is wrong with you, your doctor is really the only one who would know that and would be able to reassure you. We are all here to support though. :hugs:

radio1
21-10-12, 20:28
Thanks for the reply Annie - yep but the ultrasound is just for the abdominal pain which has kind of subsided! Just don't have a clue what's going on.

almamatters
21-10-12, 20:38
I agree with Annie the ultrasound will show if there is a problem. Hard not to worry though.

Ziggy455
25-10-12, 00:35
If you've heavily cut down on alcohol your body may be reacting badly to the sudden cut off. Your Ultrasound should reinforce your bloodwork- I'm sure you'll be fine. Aching limbs normally can point to less serious conditions based on the way you sleep and other factors.

When is your ultrasound?