PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I have no "try" left in me

cos123
21-10-12, 21:27
What do you tell yourself when you feel like you just don't have the strenght to try anymore. Just coasting in a sort of non life. Since chronic neck pain came back on top of the anxiety, depression I feel frozen in a way. A day after I see my psychologist I feel like just back in the same patterns as if nothing is ever going to change. It seems like some things she says make sense at the time, but then later they feel like filmy nothings to cling to.
Why am I so weak, why can't I keep trying. Too many years of this. Sometimes what doesn't kill you doesn't make you stronger, it just wears you down.
Somebody tell me something to make me want to try to keep going. I'm sorry if upset anyone, just feel so negative.

cos123

Annie0904
21-10-12, 21:33
Never give up because it does get better but the only way it will get better is by trying to be positive (I know that isn't easy when you are so low). There is light at the end of the tunnel. I was were you are now and I get little blips were it comes back but I am so pleased I kept going and made myself stronger again. The only way you can do this is by saying you will beat it. :hugs::hugs:

Stormsky
21-10-12, 21:41
You can't get beaten down with negative thinking , we become what we think about....so need to think of positive things we want to be and achieve.

BobbyDog
21-10-12, 22:02
Life is a struggle for most people, no one gets through life without experiencing some pain, it is your strength that has brought you this far. Stick with it, be positive and take one small step every day to improve your quality of life.
We are with you.

Madgirl12
21-10-12, 22:18
Sorry to hear you feel so bad. You're not alone though, please hang in there *hugs*

ammiemum
22-10-12, 02:29
:hugs:you are not alone -i know it is hard to do, just be kind to yourself and do your best at each moment .. you are stronger than you think..

paranoidtree
22-10-12, 09:57
i know exactly how you feel, that was me only a couple of weeks ago, i just wanted to give up. Then something snapped inside, i actually got annoyed at the part of me that wanted to stop trying. i then picked up Feel the Fear and Do It Anyway by Susan Jeffers and started reading it again, ok it's not been easy and i have had blips but have been doing better this past week. Try to surround/immerse yourself in positive things e.g. read a book like the one above or something similiar which is about beating anxiety, thinking positively. Pop some uplifting music on, it might sound cheesy but i wrote down affirmations on index cards and they are now stuck all round my house so i see them and then repeat them to myself. Goodness knows what guests must think but at the moment i don't really care, i need them there. And remember you are not alone. PM me if you ever want to chat :hugs:

cos123
23-10-12, 13:25
Hi: Thank you each of you who responded to me. I will try to take a little from what each one of you said. Even though I don't know any of you personally, knowing there's someone there who knows, first hand how hard this is really savied me that day. Stormsky, what you said, about we become what we think about hit home, but there's the hard part eh, what we think about. I have no idea what i want to become, that's what i have to find I guess.
Paranoidtree, I can't remember the last time I put music on in the house, years ago I always had music on.

cos123