PDA

View Full Version : Benzo withdrawal...in agony

Tormented woman
21-10-12, 21:49
Just found this site, I hope someone out there will see this and reply. I'm suffering like crazy from Valium withdrawal, I'm off hem with 4months, but today was one of my worst days ever. My fingers and right hand is numb all day, my body is ready to burst with restlessness nd agitation, I'm feel idling nausea , oh dear god I don't think il ever be better again. I can't take anymore!

BobbyDog
21-10-12, 21:58
I am so sorry for the pain that you are in, I hope you get some support here from others who have been in your situation, you are not alone.:)

nomorepanic
21-10-12, 22:01
Hi Tormented woman

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Tormented woman
21-10-12, 22:07
Thank you. I hope and pray for a better day tomorrow!

Tormented woman
28-10-12, 22:11
Please someone out there talk to me as my symptoms are bad right now, my arms and wrists are in pain like I got no use in them also!

MissHDynamite
28-10-12, 22:35
Hello.. Have you weaned yourself off them gently or just stopped taking them?

Tormented woman
28-10-12, 23:03
I went cold turkey over 3months ago, I thought I was getting better but now I'm pretty bad again with same symptoms like I had first.

MissHDynamite
28-10-12, 23:23
I think you ought to have weaned off them. Get back to your docs and see if he can give you something to ease the withdrawel. Don't be suffering like that if you don't need to x

Serenitie
28-10-12, 23:49
:welcome: Please see your GP for support with weaning off benzodiazepines. Cold turkey is not a good idea. I withdrew too quickly from antidepressants in January. I had the most agonising 6 months I would not wish on anyone. Your body is in withdrawal which brings distressing side effects with it. See your GP for a low dose and wean off gradually.

lleksam
29-10-12, 18:06
Technically you're not in withdrawal as the drug has left your system. It sounds like you're suffering from PAWS - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-acute-withdrawal_syndrome

The best advice I can give you is to go back to your doctors and work out a plan how to slowly and I mean really slowly withdraw from benzo', It could take a month or more and you will still have some symptoms but less serve.

Best of luck

maximus1975
30-10-12, 13:54
i agree back to the docs for advive they may put you on something not as addictive like a beta blocker etc

Tormented woman
01-11-12, 21:29
Thank u all for ur replies.im very grateful.
Has anyone found that in the morning and evening times are the worst?