PDA

View Full Version : Lump on Back (and useless GPs!)

Corona89
21-10-12, 22:58
Hey, I don't suffer from health anxiety but just curious if anyone has had something similar to this.

Back in about March I started having pain behind my left knee and back pain which i thought would go away but gradually got worse and they also constantly crack. Went to my GP in July and honestly she couldn't have cared less, told me it was my depression (yeah right!) and gave me a leaflet on joint pain which is absolutly useless. So after a few days i noticed a tender lump on the bottom of my spine as well which was where the pain was in my back so I went to a different GP and he was pretty much the same as the last. Gave me some pain pills and told me to come back when i finished them. Finished them 4 weeks later and phoned for an appointment to find out he retired 3 weeks ago! So after eventually getting an appointment with someone else and now having constant pain in my back and leg (struggling to stand for more than half an hour) she booked me in for an x-ray and blood tests which were fine and now getting an ultra sound sometime soon on the lump. I had to phone in sick to work last week as I couldn't handle the pain anymore. I've also got a huge boney lump on the same foot as my leg pain but my foot doesn't hurt.

Anyway sorry for the long post, needed to get that off my chest and wondered if anyone can relate to these symptoms? I've been googling alot and to be fair it could be a wide range of things. Not worried about what it is but would just like to know what it is. My major issue is that I hate how the docs relate everything to depression.

lo89
21-10-12, 23:42
I have this too! I just posted about my lump on the health anxiety forum.
How would you describe the lump?
I had leg pain way back in June, almost like pins and needles yet my legs were restless, and did not think to attribute this to the lump on my back. The leg sensations were the start of this round of health anxiety and the lump on my back was, in my eyes, the final nail in my coffin.

Corona89
21-10-12, 23:51
Just read your post there. It's a visible, fatty type lump and it hurts if i press in on it (similar to you I'd stop touching it as much and just check every week or so if it was still there). Mines also got bigger then went back down again but is still there. I have the docs again tomorrow so hopefully they'll let me know what they think it is, everytime i asked before they said it could be anything (which helps alot).

lo89
21-10-12, 23:52
Yours sounds quite like mines. Does it feel like muscle/a bouncy ball? Mines is really smooth and only moves a tiny bit.
Btw, where in Scotland are you from?

Corona89
21-10-12, 23:55
Yeah it feels like that, doesn't really move though. Does yours hurt when you touch it?

I live just outside Glasgow.

lo89
21-10-12, 23:58
Mines moves by a few millimetres but not much. It sometimes hurts and sometimes doesn't hurt, when I first found it my boyfriend was giving me a back rub because my back was agony, so I dunno if that caused the pain.
im from just outside Glasgow as well. Strange! I'm guessing the 89 in your name means you are 23 also?

Corona89
22-10-12, 00:02
Yeah 23 as well, it's a small world lol.

lo89
22-10-12, 00:06
Hope you get to the bottom of your lump tomorrow, let us know how you get on.
It sure is a small world!

Corona89
22-10-12, 00:12
Thank you, and i will do. Same to you, and don't get too stressed about it.