PDA

View Full Version : Breast cancer that's spread to the brain?

Jenenem
22-10-12, 01:01
Hello, i am a 21 year old female and i do have extreme health anxiety. Recently i found a lump in my boob, my boob also has pain in it quite a lot. I have been to visit 2 separate doctors who said it won't be cancer and to come back in a month if it's still there. Well it's been a month and it's still there and i am freaking out. I'm worried if it is cancer and what if it has spread to my brain.
I've been having these weird electric shock feelings throughout my body and i'm convinced that's because i have breast cancer and it's spread to my brain. I'm worried the doctors have just dismissed me because of my age. What does everyone think?

almamatters
22-10-12, 02:23
Please try not to worry I am no doctor but electric shock feelings can be a sign of anxiety. Can't really offer any advice but go back to GP and explain your concerns I'm sure they will refer you for tests if they are concerned in any way. :hugs:

meche
22-10-12, 07:19
Oh honey, I sympathise so much & I think you've worked yourself up into a panic....... which is exactly what I've done this weekend. I'm slightly older than you (39) but I've had my boob lump since I was your age. It used to come & go which is why I never got it seen. It came back a few weeks ago but seemed bigger so made an appt. My doctor is confident it's nowt serious but I have to go for a scan anyway - it's routine. I've spent all weekend getting myself worked up & have aches/pains everywhere.
Please go back to your doctor & get it checked. I'm certain it won't be anything bad but you will only worry yourself stupid over it & fear the worst. You need peace of mind. xx

justina
22-10-12, 10:53
There are a lot of things in our breasts that only doctors can tell if they are something to worry about or not.
I had a little lump that I was panicking about, also one of those that stay, it did not come and go. But the doctor only by touching it could say that it was nothing to worry about. She sent me for a mammogram anyway, and everything was ok.
You are also very very young, breast cancer at your age is almost unheard of.:bighug1:

Jenenem
26-10-12, 15:30
Thanks guys, i've now in total seen 3 doctors and 1 nurse who have all said it feels fine, i keep worrying they've missed it and i wish i could have a mammogram just in case but i suppose that'd be a waste of time if they think it's nothing