PDA

View Full Version : ARGGHH

natsphantom
22-10-12, 11:08
:weep: Im getting myself into a proper good mess today. Woke up with a dead leg and an unexplained bruise. Ive managed to convince myself i have a blood clot and that its going to travel up to my heart and stop it. This is so silly. My heart is hammering, cant stop sweating, and im going into a state of panic all because i dont know why that bruise has appeared. Does anyone else ever feel like they literally are going mad??? So many things going on in my head i cant seem to get them all out. Its one thing after another. Im still waiting on an appointment to see a therapist in relation to my ocd and gad. Has anyone had therapy and if so do you feel it helps at all?

hanshan
22-10-12, 12:09
Here's the best explanation I can find concerning the numbness -

"Its not that the blood has to recirculate, its that the peripheral nerve is compressed at a point where it is near the surface. It is sort of stunned for a while until it recovers once the compression is relieved. Usually just taking steps to avoid the compression is enough - a neurologist or doctor should be able to tell which nerve is affected and what measures you could take to avoid compression. Also make sure there is no clothing around the arm that could compress a nerve."

Hope this is of some help. It's unlikely to be related to DVT.

natsphantom
22-10-12, 12:23
Hi Hanshan. Thanks for that. I know it's nothing but again, my mind wont let me accept there is nothing actually wrong! Going to go have a bath soon i think, try ease the numbness. :)