PDA

View Full Version : Moles and little blood red dots

Alessa16
22-10-12, 17:27
Hello everyone, I am Alessa from Italy and I am new here. I am 16 yo and suffer from health anxiety.. I have melanoma scary and Ive seen a derm she checked my moles and said they are ok, but there is a big problem that i removed some small flat moles at home and i am very worried about it right now. If they were melanoma or not or it can lead to melanoma.

Also, I was very stressed 2 weeks ago because of leukemia worries and i had these very tiny red blanchable dots on my arms. They are under my skin like tiny blood. I dont know what are they, they occured in a day and they are increasing...:wacko: I have 10-12 on each arm. I had a blood test which came perfectly normal.. so i think the cause is stress.

I need some help because I am soo scared
(Please ignore my mistakes in English :blush: )

---------- Post added at 16:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:35 ----------

And one more thing, I was removed a mole in July and i saw a black dot in it 2 weeks ago, doctor didnt biopsy it because it was perfectly normal, i mean symetrical and smaller than 6-7 mm. This black dot is normal or should I worried?

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 16:33 ----------

Oh my god, PLEASE help me because I am REALLY scared I think, I'm dying slowly

Laura123
22-10-12, 18:04
Hi alessa, please try to calm down, if you were I'll your bloods would have shown something. Moles that itch or change shape or colour or weep should be checked, and you really should not be cutting them yourself please do not do that again. The red moles are also normal, like little blood moles. Can you talk with your parents about your health anxiety x

Elle-Kay
22-10-12, 18:07
I have several of those little blood spot things. My Dr called them Campbell Beeman marks (or something like that - it was a long time ago and I've forgotten the real name), and said they're perfectly normal and harmless.

I agree with Laura though - please try not to disturb your moles yourself, as this could lead to them becoming infected etc. and you could actually end up putting yourself in harm's way through trying not to.

Alessa16
22-10-12, 18:07
Thank you Laura, I am Trying to calm down but you know its really hard to handle. I am in trouble right know..

Laura123
22-10-12, 18:09
Alessa I promise, you are just fine, health anxiety is a horrible thing, you really need to be honest and speak to your parents or doctor and try to get some help for it, if you deal with it and face it you can get over it. Xx

Alessa16
22-10-12, 18:12
Elle, unfortunately i did it and I suffer now. Maybe they were melanoma and i removed them.. :/ So much ''what if''

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:11 ----------

Laura, Am i healthy indeed? I cant believe it. I am soo terrified soooo much that i cant breathe

Laura123
22-10-12, 18:14
Alessa did the doctor see you had cut yourself?

Alessa16
22-10-12, 18:17
yes I said her. She said dont do it again and your scars look fine. But of course she cant know they were melanoma or not.

My moles were round, flat and not very pigmented. not fits ABC rules of melanoma, but you know, I am still terrified badly

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

also, they were small

Laura123
22-10-12, 18:18
Well it sounds like they were perfectly fine. I think you should go back to your doctor and tell them how you are really feeling, they may offer you medication to help with your anxiety, it does help so much. X

Alessa16
22-10-12, 18:22
But, medication doesnt work on me. I tried. I always say myself if they were cancer.. you know, its ''anxiety''
if if if if...... I hate but i am doing it everytime

Sparkle1984
22-10-12, 18:45
I have those little red spots on my arms and legs - they first developed when I was 12 years old and they really scared me as I had no idea what they were. I seemed to get more and more of them as the days went by. It caused one of my major anxiety episodes. I was too scared to talk to anyone about it in those days. Eventually I stopped getting so many new spots and once I realised they weren't doing me any harm, my fear of them faded away.

I've looked on the internet recently and apparently they're called cherry angiomas and they are completely harmless.

Alessa16
22-10-12, 18:52
I know that they are harmless but they freak me out anyway because they are new things on my body and increasing :/ But My real fear is melanoma.. I pray to god to save me everyday because I am just 16 years old :'(

Elle-Kay
22-10-12, 18:54
As long as your moles are symmetrical, don't change size, colour, texture or start weeping then you will be fine. I have lots and lots of moles, and I just check them regularly, because that way I know that I am doing the best I can for myself.

Alessa16
22-10-12, 19:10
I check them too, but i dont know if my moles were cancerous or not. I am not worried about my current moles. :( I know its my anxiety. What can i do to get rid of this type of stupid thoughts? I want to happy again

Pipkin
22-10-12, 19:10
My Dr called them Campbell Beeman marks (or something like that - it was a long time ago and I've forgotten the real name), and said they're perfectly normal and harmless.

Elle-Kay - I have these too and have had them for years. They're called Campbell de Morgan spots or cherry angiomas. They're virtually always perfectly harmless and very rarely need to be removed.

Pip

Elle-Kay
22-10-12, 19:16
I knew the name Campbell was in there somewhere! Thanks Pip for clarifying :)

Alessa16
23-10-12, 14:21
Hey is there any treatment for these tiny dots? like laser, chemical peel or something else?