PDA

View Full Version : Hi Seroxat to Citalopram HELP

Suzi26
09-08-06, 19:01
Hi everyone new to this !! I have been on seroxat 20mgs for 10 years and for the past 2 years have beentaking one 20mg tablet every other day. Which has been working fine.Tried to come of them all together with terrible withdrawals such as severe headache vision disturbance and generally feeling like crap!! a bit moody as well and very argumentative.
Went to see my GP today, who advised me to start taking 10mg of citalopram everyday. He said i would have no side effects from stopping the seroxat and starting citalopram.Has anyone experienced this and got some advice as im very nervous of feeling any side effects. And has anyone stopped taking citalopramand had any side effects,did you find it easy to stop taking. It must be easier then stopping seroxat its ruling my life..... PLEASE HELP ASAP

Dave777
09-08-06, 19:56
Hi Suzi, I have been on Seroxat and now Citalopram with no side effects.
They did however make me a bit hyper.

Although I seem have been lucky, others have problems, so I'm sure you'll hear all about it soon

take care,
Dave:)

nomorepanic
09-08-06, 20:00
Hi Suzi

I can't comment on the meds as never been on either but welcome aboard and hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

susie
09-08-06, 20:10
hi suze i hope your feeling better, i have been on seroxat 10 years now they worked fine for me but not any more.i need to see my gp about a change of meds,but im afraid of the withdrawals.i was on 50mg a day now im on 30 i would love to keep intouch with you to see how you are take care sue

Suzi26
09-08-06, 22:27
Hi allthanks for helping me i took the citalopram at 7pm and so far feel cool. Just a bit anxious of how i will feel tomorrow. Its great totalk toyouguys thanks for your surport xx Keepin touch [:X]

IanB
09-08-06, 22:50
Hi Suzi

I was on Citalopram for 8 months (the last 3 on 30mg a day). The only real problem I had was the day after I had any alcoholic drink. I would get on a real downer. I don't think mixing the two worked with me.

I hope things work out for you

Ian