PDA

View Full Version : mirtazapine can anyone help

traciec39
09-08-06, 19:43
my doc has just today changed my prozac to this mirtazapine, as my panic attack werent any better. She said that this one is more effective with panic and anxiety, has anyone else found this to be true?
But i read the leaflet and dont fancy the side effects! weight gain mainly,
Has anyone took these and NOT gained weight.
I dont know whether to up my dose of prozac to 40mg or to give these a try.

If anyone has any advise i would be so happy

thank you
tracie

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

manders
10-08-06, 00:32
Hi Tracie

I have been on Mirtazapine as part of a combination treatment for over a year now. At first it made me feel really dizzy but that soon passed. I did put on a little weight with it, about half a stone.

The one thing to make sure of if you go onto it is that you take it just before going to bed as it does make you really tired (at least to start with), but at the same time it can't be too late at night as it leaves you still feeling sleepy in the morning if you take it too late on. When I first started it I had to go to bed no more than half an hour after taking it as it just knocked me out and I sometimes made the mistake of not taking it until about 2am and I was fuzzy headed the next morning as a result. That was the main reason I was put onto it as I was only getting about 10 hours sleep a week.

Hope this has been helpful

chop
10-08-06, 04:30
They work for me but they had sedative effect when taken for first few weeks.

I did put weight on.

Paul

P.S. They worked for me when not much else did.

I am on a combo though including fish oil and an SSRI as well.
I have severe GAD and depression moderate.

Learning to under react

joy
10-08-06, 08:55
Didnt to a thing for me after 12 weeks, Didnt gain weight as totally lost my appetite! Didnt even make me sleepy! Lifted me out of a state of total exhausion tho! now trying something else

ren
10-08-06, 13:46
My bad anxiety started 3 weeks after going up to 30mg. Not sure if it's related to the mirtazapine or just a coincidence, but it's made me terrified of them and I'd certainly never go back on them.

ruthb1
11-08-06, 12:30
i was on mirtazapine for 2 years and have just come off them, i did but on weight as i needed to as i had lost nearly 2 stone but i have not gained any more than i lost in the first place, they do make you feel sleepy in the morning but on the whole i found them to be really effective and i had tried 3 different types before i went onto these.

i was on 15mg, and at one time the doc wanted to increase me to 30 i tried it and felt awful and just persevered with the 15

good luck

ruth

chop
11-08-06, 13:33
p.s. I am on 60mg at night no probs

Learning to under react

feeling funny
26-08-08, 03:02
im new at this been on mirtazapine for about 7 weeks now ,ive gain 4 pounds,and get ressless leg . help with sleeping ,and now starting to get wierd felling in my face cant deal with that much longer i was on 15 a night trying 22 now for the 3 night and not helping yet maybe i hafto to take more i dont no.:doh:

caz303
26-08-08, 08:50
Sorry you're having probs :( I was on Mirtazapine at the very beginning in March but they didn't help me much and was switched to Citalopram. Perhaps speak to your doctor when you next see him about your side effects :)

feeling funny
28-08-08, 19:00
hi you should give them a try there helping me and i aslo taking omega 3 joy and it realy help with anxiety hope this help you .

mrs shift
27-04-09, 20:36
hiim takin 15mg too i have put on 2 pounds but i feel on days they arnt working so im going back to docs.