PDA

View Full Version : This is getting silly now!

Godzilla
22-10-12, 18:20
I have had anxiety since a child, always very nervy, did not enjoy school as felt dizzy and would day dream a lot.
My first panic attack was when I was 25, I could not leave my bedroom for a few months, I was a real mess. A shrink came to my house and gave me a little cocktail of drugs to which made me feel a bit better. Time went on and I could travel again and lead a fairly normal life by the time I was 28. I was still nervous about going in to large shops but I could travel and work. When I was 31 I had a relapse, ended up staying at my Mum's for 4 weeks then slowly got better. 35 I had another one to where I could not leave my house for a few months. Well the past year has been good, still not working but I could travel about 30 miles from my home, do my shopping in Tesco's etc......3 weeks ago I had a panic attack. This then made me want to stay at home although I could still travel. Well the area I could travel has got shorter and shorter and now I am having trouble just driving down the road from my home, so about 400-500 yards.......I really cant believe it, this is now getting silly. I have read books on anxiety, had CBT and other therapies over the years.I just cant understand why? My daughter is now 14 and I cant even collect her from school or drop her home, infact my neighbour is taking her home and collecting her as I have told everyone I fell and have injured my leg so I cant drive. What can I do.....I have tried almost every medication too and am now on a high dose of Diazepam, Citalopram and Clonazepam.

BobbyDog
23-10-12, 06:15
Instead of trying to understand why, just accept what is. Take one small step each day toward recovery and stay positive. It is very difficult when you feel so anxious, but it is the only way to recover. Go out of the house for a walk, even if it is only to the end of the drive way and lengthen the time you are out by a little more each day.

blonde_uk
23-10-12, 07:00
hi have u tried setreline as like u i tried eery medication and nothing worked until now i havent had any panic attacks since a little anxious but hey make u more posotive inn life good luck

Godzilla
23-10-12, 13:07
hi have u tried setreline as like u i tried eery medication and nothing worked until now i havent had any panic attacks since a little anxious but hey make u more posotive inn life good luck

Hi :)

I will have to check if I have tried that one as been on so many I have forgotten! I know there are a group of Anti-D's called 'MAOI' and they literally stop anxiety.....But it needs to be prescribed by a shrink and even they don't like prescribing it due to this class of meds interacts with everything.....Even general or local antithetic it will clash with. Plus certain foods like cheese, some fish, pickles etc can cause death within a very short time due to a huge raise in blood pressure as the drug reacts with many foods.......But it does cure anxiety though :wtf1: