PDA

View Full Version : Trankimazin (Alprazolam)

ricardo
23-10-12, 08:04
Trankimazin is a drug far more powerful than valium and is addictive.

I have been taking one x 2mg tablet spread over 24 hours in four quarters in junction with various anti depresants .The maximum dose alloed is 6mg per day

.None of the anti depressnts help my constant anxiety and panic disorder but without uping the dose of Trankimazin in 5 years I find it the only drug that helps me in conjuction with 2 x 20mg of propanol.

My trouble is that every doctor wants me to gradually reduce trankimazin but it is my crutch and relieves my symtoms, though the drug has a short term life of about 5 hours and I don't know what to do.

Does anyone else take this drug ? Any advise would be appreciated.

vicky-books
24-10-12, 08:52
I think you're talking about Xanax? I took it for years and only changed recently as it is no longer available where I live. Yes, it can be addictive but if you trust yourself and are not going to abuse it, and don't think you can reduce it just yet then tell your doctor that. I came off it at one point and was OK and took half a tablet when needed. I went back onto a similar medication and I chose when I wanted to come off of it. These meds are great crutches but the line between being a crutch and relying on them is very fine. Giving them up when you don't feel you are ready only adds to more pressure.

ricardo
26-10-12, 18:47
Thanks,
What was the similar medication you now take ?