PDA

View Full Version : HA & worried about my liver

cherrydrops
23-10-12, 11:12
Hi all,

I have suffered HA for 10 years and like I'm sure we all do , go through phases of worry. Currently its liver related. Over the last year I have been drinking too much too frequently and I know that so have been cutting down over the last few months and now I am around about the limit for females over the course of the week. Still too much really but getting there.

I have had several LFT's over the last few years for various reasons, not specifically because anyone was worried about my liver it just went along with the other tests. The last lot was end of May and came back "normal" (as they always have). Since I have been cutting done I have got more worried about what I have done to my liver. I find if I have had a few drinks I get a full feeling under my right ribs, although I think that always happens when I am anxious/ guilty about drinking so could be in my mind.

I have booked in with GP and will ask for another test but still worried.

Are the "normal" tests conclusive? So it was normal then so unlikely there is any major damage caused in 5 months.

I'm going to do a 2 week detox, I know I'm not addicted just used it to ease anxiety too frequently but now I'm getting myself clearer I fully intend to only drink occasionally.

I hate HA :( Feel sick to the stomach today and don't want to do a thing

j2
23-10-12, 15:18
I am no doctor but from what I understand is that if your routine blood tests show no problems with your liver then you are probably fine. That feeling you have under your ribs is probably gas. I get it frequently and sometimes in my flank area. I hope this helps and you feel better.

cherrydrops
23-10-12, 16:15
Thank you. I know that logically that is the obvious thing but it's so hard to rationalise with HA isnt it :( I have IBS too and head read that is a common cause for pain below the ribs. my whole day has been consumed by this worry. Typical I worry more now I'm not drinking much *sigh* here is hoping I feel better tomorrow and can lay this one to rest

Thanks for you reply x

j2
23-10-12, 16:52
I have IBS also but didn't want to mention it so as to not worry you but since you have it, yep that is a classic location of pain for IBS. Chamomile tea is helpful too to relieve stress. (if you are looking for something to drink)

cherrydrops
23-10-12, 17:34
Oh really?? You are a star!! I've barely eaten today and my belly is really gurglingso maybe it's just struggling because I've not eaten properly. I'll have some tea and a snack and try to relax. Thanks again.

j2
24-10-12, 02:54
Hope you feel better and glad I could help.