PDA

View Full Version : Sleep Pattern

DCope22
23-10-12, 13:46
Hey

Well to cut a long story short i'v been facing sleeping problem's for most my life. But for the past year i have been having the most horrendous sleeping pattern's.

Either, like recently i'm sleeping for most of the day, and most of the night. Or i'm going 24 hour's at a time without sleep, which leave's me feeling very tired (but i'm worried if i sleep at arkward time's then i'm not going to sleep the next night, which is a vicious circle i'v been having also) i also feel dizzy at time's, i'm obviously more easily wound up, so i'm feeling that the citalopram aren't working as well as they should but they are because their controlling my symptoms.

The doctor put me on sleeping table's for a fortnight 8 months ago, two type's actually but they mixed with my citalopram and made me worse, I'v tried other anti depressant's but they cause reaction's such as rapid heart rate, so the doctor decided to keep me on citalopram and off the sleeping table's, which leave's me in an arkward position now.

I'm really worried at this point in time and need help, even if it's feedback on what you guy's have (eg, simular symptoms, etc)

Thanks

BobbyDog
23-10-12, 18:54
I have had sleep problems all my life, even when I was little.

A few years ago when I was taking Citalopram I also took Valerian, it helps you to get off to sleep, though it can make you feel a little drowsy the next day. It's herbal and is available from chemists and health food stores.

DCope22
26-10-12, 06:34
Thank you bobby, will be going to the chemist later on today, :)