PDA

View Full Version : Five months any long term sertraliners advice

TJSMITH
23-10-12, 19:24
Hi there

I am on 100mg and on hole doing a lot better than I was but still have to work daily at keeping anxious thoughts at bay, somedays less than others.

I am still not me and at times really upsets me is this normal?
What I need to know is do meds only do so much?
It's just this thinking how I feel that upsets me.

I know am doing well as just got a new job it's something I wanted to do for a long time and really hoping this helps to distract me.
Any advice x

cjh
24-10-12, 11:18
Hi,
I'm exactly the same, have been on Sertraline for 5 months too, the last two of them at 150mg, this week I have had to go through a very stressful event and it has really kicked off my anxiety and not sleeping again and has been like this for a couple of weeks. It feels like I go one step forward and then 10 steps back. Don't get me wrong i'm nowhere near like I was so I guess they are helping but like you I am beginning to think that they only do so much too.
Congratulations on your new job, such a good achievement, you should be very proud of yourself.
Karenx

xhyperyogix
29-10-12, 10:09
hello, been on them 9 months, and at first they were amazing!!! So just been bumped up to 150mg two days ago. They verey much sorted out the panic. but the coma depression ame along for the last two months so I went and she increased it. already feel better. TONS of energy, buyt a little panicy but thats to be expected xxxx