PDA

View Full Version : IBS Symptoms?

DreamsInSpace2
23-10-12, 20:02
The past few days I have been having pains. Either under my ribs, in centre or lower.. I have also been having more wind than usual. I have also been having backache especially in the morning relieved when I go to the toilet? Also I am in pain now under my ribs centre and slight pain behind ribs left of ribs. Does anyone else have these symptoms? I am frightened and I hope I'll be fine. I keep going to my doctors. Someone suggested UTI but I have been many a times about that, and last time I was tested for a UTI when they thought and I thought I had it-it came back negative and I have been given medication for cystitis however this does not feel linked to my urinary tract I don't know why.. it just doesn't. The pains feel digestive related.... but why would it cause back pain and back of rib pain? I am panicking. I hope I will be fine. Anyone have anything similar and pains under ribs centre? And lower cramps too?

xx

Annie0904
23-10-12, 20:08
It could be related to ibs as this does cause a lot of pain. It could also be gall stones which is nothing serious. Maybe you should go to your doctor and tell him your symptoms and he may send you for a scan. :hugs::hugs:

DreamsInSpace2
23-10-12, 20:14
I hope I will be okay. I am really panicking as I am Emetophobic as well I hope it's nothing to worry about. It's been the past few days I have been experiencing pains. I was diagnosed with IBS and given peppermint oil capsules but I don't have any of the ones I was taken left and right now the pains aren't nice at all. I am in pain, and the pains now in my back too. I really do hope I will be okay. I have been eating a lot of wheat the past few days... shredded wheat cereal in morning and today I had three bowls of shredded wheat and then two bowls of pasta... then the pains started but would they last this long if it was the wheat that caused them? Is wheat something that can trigger IBS? I got an allergy and food intolerance test and wheat wasn't listed in the results... :shrug:

I really hope this goes soon and I will be fine.. it's triggering panic in me now! xx

Annie0904
23-10-12, 20:17
Yes wheat is one of the worst triggers for IBS so I think you have your answer there. Try to stay off the wheat for a few days and see if it settles down. I had intolerance tests and wheat was not on the list but it always triggers my IBS. xx

DreamsInSpace2
23-10-12, 20:20
I hope its just that and nothing else. Really panicking. What symptoms do you get if you eat wheat? And could the symptoms really last this long... from 2pm? xx

Annie0904
23-10-12, 20:32
My symptoms sometimes last for a few days. Feeling of trapped wind, pain in my stomach and bowels and my back and nausea. Sometimes feeling like I need the toilet but don't. Bloated feelings. I have had gallstones and had my gall bladder removed and that caused a lot of wind pains and pain below my ribs too so it may be worth having that checked if you don't feel better in a few days. Not sure of your age..Gall stones usually affect the over 40's so if you are younger it is less likely to be that.

DreamsInSpace2
23-10-12, 20:33
Thank you. I hope I will be fine I am 20. xx

Annie0904
23-10-12, 20:38
Then I am sure it is just the wheat you have eaten, stay off it a couple of days and I am sure you will feel much better. :hugs:

DreamsInSpace2
23-10-12, 22:04
Thank you :) xx

honeyp1e
29-11-12, 22:44
DreamsInSpace2 am with you on this one am also emet :weep: and past few days ive lived on wheat well brown bread (toast / sandwiches even had soup with BREAD :weep: and today not yesterday I've had feeling like food is stuck just below ribs in center, like pressure feeling in bum like I need the look but I don't need to go :( nausea.... It's stressing me out my anxiety is going while and cos of the nausea my emet mind works over time just wish it would frig off as keeps me up all night panicking and over thinking with it