PDA

View Full Version : can anxiety cause you to virtually pass out

almamatters
23-10-12, 20:33
Hi everyone after my recent ultrasound news, went back to GP and passed on the news and then began complaining of every other ailment under the sun. GP is putting at least half of them down to anxiety, at which point I became very upset came home near to collapse and husband took me to A and E. After being admitted and loads of neurological tests etc diagnosed with urinary tract infection. Can these make you feel really ill? and can anxiety really make you virtually collapse. I am struggling to believe it at the moment and now think I have MS or some other weird neurological condition going on. mind you with everything that is going on with me at the moment, I don't know what to believe. :hugs: to all x

Harley
23-10-12, 21:33
Hi, first of all, yes, urinary tract infections can make you feel really ill. I now because my daughter has had two recently and had to go to A and E to get some immediate antibiotics.
Anxiety can make you feel like you are going to pass out, this is usually because you are over breathing and hyperventilating. (I have experienced that with my daughter only last week when she got herself in a terrible state over something). I think your doctor is right, it is all down to anxiety, and that can give you really horrible symptoms and make you feel quite ill. Is your GP referring you for any therapy to help you deal with the anxiety?

justina
23-10-12, 21:48
An urinary tract infection can make you extremely ill! I was so ill once that I thought I had leukemia (yes I have HA:whistles:) but when I went to the doctor he wanted to test my urine for UTI, I thought he was crazy but when the results came back...he was right.

And anxiety can cause you to pass out, for sure.

:bighug1:

almamatters
23-10-12, 21:55
Thanks for replies have been asked to attend CBT but I'm afraid am currently in denial about a lot of my symptoms being anxiety based. I am slightly at loggerheads with my GP as I constantly tell them that I am very unwell and that they are missing something sinister. :weep:

justina
23-10-12, 22:05
Thanks for replies have been asked to attend CBT but I'm afraid am currently in denial about a lot of my symptoms being anxiety based. I am slightly at loggerheads with my GP as I constantly tell them that I am very unwell and that they are missing something sinister. :weep:

I think CBT can be good for you also when you are in denial. It does help us to reflect about the way we feel and react regarding symptoms.