PDA

View Full Version : Lavender oil for panic attacks

Arose
23-10-12, 21:38
I've heard some people use this and it helps with panic attacks. How do I use it and where can I buy it? Thanks:D

Annie0904
23-10-12, 21:44
You can buy lavender essential oils online and herbalists usually sell it. It does not help so much with panic attacks but can decrease anxiety levels. Just put a few drops in your bath or on your pillow. It is also good for massage but would need to be in a carrier oil (like grapseed or almond carrier oil) a few drops of lavender with 20ml carrier oil. You can also buy lavender tea to drink.

---------- Post added at 21:44 ---------- Previous post was at 21:43 ----------

Boots also sell lavender essential oil

Arose
23-10-12, 22:28
Great. Thanks Annie:)

LadyAnne
25-10-12, 02:56
Sorry I'm a bit late on this, but I highly recommend it right before bed...just apply a few drops to your pulse points and breathe deeply :)

Biscuit89
02-11-12, 00:17
Lavender oil alone will most likely not help much if at all during an actual panic attack. Trying something like Valerian, while rubbing the oil on your temples and breathing can help de-stress and calm anxieties.

BobbyDog
02-11-12, 07:03
I quite agree with Annie, Lavender oil is a great help for people who suffer from anxiety. Try getting a book about essential oils, there are some great ones about. I used to put Lavender and Frankincense oil in a burner with water at night and it really did help me to relax.

Sparkle1984
02-11-12, 22:15
I order my lavender oil and spray from Norfolk Lavender. I live in Norfolk but on the other side of the county from where they're based, so I sometimes order them online if I can't get to the shop.