PDA

View Full Version : anxious when resting

mouldy001
23-10-12, 22:50
I'm interested to know, why is it I can go too many social events etc and function fine. I would get nervous beforehand but then when home relaxing I start to get a tight chest and sometimes the breathing goes too?? Why when relaxed and not at the time?

I was also wondering does anyone else get what I describe as adrenalin rushes? Almost like a bolt of high intense nervousness feeling that runs through the body feeling warm like??

Many thanks for any replies, just arming myself with more knowledge :-)))

macc noodle
23-10-12, 23:07
Hi there

I have this problem too - despite extensive CBT and despite trying ever so hard to do all the relaxation exercises - I find myself experiencing the overwhelming panic and cannot sit still a minute longer - I have to move around in order to calm down.

I have come to realise that whatever works best for you and enables you to get through is sometimes the only way but it drives me mad when I cannot sit still :(

BobbyDog
24-10-12, 10:11
I think that most anxiety sufferers get those symptoms, the adrenaline rushes that makes you want to run away, usually from yourself.

It is really difficult, but when this happens to me, I try and stay with it by not running away to somewhere I deem to be a safe place. I know it can sometimes come out of the blue with no apparent cause aswell, in that case it is best to accept the feelings and try to relax all your muscles until the panic subsides.

mouldy001
24-10-12, 21:33
Thx for the replies. :
)

Ziggy455
24-10-12, 22:40
Thx for the replies. :
)

I think personally that when people like us (high anxiety sufferers) rest, our minds race. It's normal for people to think a lot when laying down, but for us, our thoughts fuel our anxiety and sober exacerbate things. Try deep breathing exercises while resting. Talk to yourself to confirm your fears are unfounded.

mouldy001
25-10-12, 09:23
Yeah that's so true. I think that when we relax and destress the adrenalin and those thoughts are slowly releasing out so to speak. Therefore we notice this and get the symptoms lol