PDA

View Full Version : URGENT

uk23
24-10-12, 02:25
Dont want to make a long post but my mental status is now this:

1) Unable to leave house
2) Unable to eat apart from Fortisips from Dr.
3) Back to cleaning self with bleach
4) Unable to wear clothes or touch anything apart from a few areas
5) Never been more likely to seriously harm myself or others

All of this was semi under control however my relationship has ended and it's not ending in a good way, although obviously none can.

I am not sure what to do at all, I know that if I carry on like this I will kill myself, or at least hope to but then part of my mind doesn't quite want that.

I spoke with the doctor on the phone this afternoon and told him a little bit of that and I know the only real option is to admit myself or being forced, although I know i cant admit myself for the above reasons. I think that only leaves being sectioned left, which obviously is going to make no.5 intensify more.

My last option is to post on here and hope that someone has a real option. This isnt something that can be fixed with a few deep breaths and some diazepam.

---------- Post added at 02:25 ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 ----------

Decided to go the 999 way, bye all.

KK77
24-10-12, 02:43
I do think you need professional help and hope you get it. There is no easy option here but wish you all the best.

FayeM567
24-10-12, 02:47
I'm so sorry this is happening to you. But, if you're this out of control then professional intervention may be the best way to go.

vicky-books
24-10-12, 08:25
It's heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you on this and you are so brave to realize your problem was out of control and do what you did. God bless.

fruity
24-10-12, 17:22
av u got ocd! & yea um duing right by going to a&e. u will b ok. god won,t let u kill urself. ur stronger than that. all will b well. trust us.

Edward_1980
24-10-12, 17:36
I really think you need to speak to a Doctor right away. You can't go on like this and if you are a danger to yourself and others then you need to be in a place where you are safe and not around others.

ricardo
24-10-12, 18:15
I can't add anymore than Edward. Please do it speak to your doctor.

Edward_1980
24-10-12, 18:19
I don't know about anyone else but I'm pretty worried here.

ricardo
24-10-12, 18:22
So am I

Edward_1980
24-10-12, 18:25
I really hope he is safe right now and going for the help he really needs.

Zingything
24-10-12, 21:34
I hope he is ok, I think he must have telephoned the emergency services like he said, to get help. If so he should now be getting the help and support that he really needs.
Thinking about you uk23 xxx

Edward_1980
24-10-12, 22:09
Hopefully. I know what it is like to want to harm yourself and I wouldn't wish anyone to be in that position.

Sparkle1984
24-10-12, 22:12
Thinking of you uk23 and sending you hugs. :hugs: I hope you get the help you need.

KK77
25-10-12, 00:33
Do the administrators of this site not get involved when a member has a crisis? What's the point of posting if no one is going to support you and also to inform other members that this person is safe?

If anyone has info could they please post an update? Or if UK23 is reading this to let us know he is OK.

nomorepanic
25-10-12, 00:43
Do the administrators of this site not get involved when a member has a crisis? What's the point of posting if no one is going to support you and also to inform other members that this person is safe?

If anyone has info could they please post an update? Or if UK23 is reading this to let us know he is OK.

I am not sure how we can get involved to be honest when all we have is an email address for the member. We have no contact details. We also have to respect a member's right to privacy.

If we hear anything then we will post but until then we have no idea I am afraid.

uk23
25-10-12, 01:11
I did make the call. They started to section me however instead that it would not be appropriate and instead kept me in observation until three further psychiatrists had performed an assessment (always found it hard to see one let alone four in total).

They said that in some cases sectioning causes catastrophic situations and agreed this would be one of those. I agreed.

They have agreed that either one of two options will happen. Either a long term plan as an in patient at the Maudsley in London or daily visits and at-home care.

Sorry for posting on here but I was and still am in mental crisis. I have agreed not to harm myself tonight and have been put under the care of a medically trained family friend.

nomorepanic
25-10-12, 01:27
Glad you are ok Piers and thanks for updating us all

Look after yourself ok

Edward_1980
25-10-12, 15:13
I'm glad that you have decided not to harm yourself Piers :)

You will get through this. Avail of all the help that is offered and you should begin to feel better soon enough.

KK77
25-10-12, 16:59
Pleased you're safe UK and getting the professional help you need. Thanks for updating us. All the best.

ricardo
25-10-12, 21:37
The fact that you have managed to write back to us is IMO a very positive sign. I am sure many of us will be keeping a watchful eye on this thread. God Bless.