PDA

View Full Version : My info and could still use help

christopherp
24-10-12, 02:48
Hello all. I just happened to stumble across this sight and so far I like what I see, not everyone with this terrible illness just that I don't have to feel so alone. After I introduce myself and tell you about my situation, maybe some of you could point me in a better direction. Im Chris, I'm 40 now and have been struggling with this bad anxiety/panic disorder since i was 26 years old. At the same time I was also diagnosed with atrial fib. So Id go to the emergency room time and time again, mostly thinking it was my heart just to be told i was having an anxiety attack. For those not familiar with the heart problem, the symptoms are very much the same. I was put on medication for my heart. That medication finally caused other problems after being on it for so long so I had an a-fib heart ablation last year. So far no problems with the heart. But unfortunatly, still a bad anxiety problem. I started out years ago on zoloft and klonipin. 20mg and 1mg. Also some phyc therapy. The therapy didnt work although back then i was still young, hadnt settled down and moved around so i didnt have alot of time invested in it. these days I take 10mg of lexapro and 1 of klonipin. I still get attacks, just over the years there abit more managible. Unless, i get a severe one like i did yesterday which i get from time to time. With me, they last forever and im prone to have other small ones after that within the same day. And they wipe me out for that day and the next. I had to start a new job last feb. Needless to say they wern't impressed with my what looked like i was ready to die kinda scene. And of course having a non-managible episode at my new job has been a big fear for me since i started. Jobs arent abundant where im at and I really don't wanna lose this one because of this. I'm thinking im going to have to find a good phycologist that deals with anxiety disorder and panic attacks. I don't know what causes them as I seem to worry about everything, esp money and bills. Sometimes when i get a really bad attack, i just wanna end it myself, if you know what i mean. But i really don't wanna go that route. So any advice what to check out on your site the most as i get the time, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for your time.

nomorepanic
24-10-12, 02:59
Hi christopherp

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.