PDA

View Full Version : Weird visual episodes. CAN'T EXPLAIN IT!

Ziggy455
24-10-12, 15:33
These visual disturbances are really hard to explain but here goes: I get them whenever I am out. It feels like strong derealisation or depersonalization. My vision seems like it doesn't seem to register things normally. It's as if an onset to my (Almost two years since my last) migraines.

I feel like I am flustered. My vision seems dimmed sort of and I feel like everything is happening but I am not registering it like I normally do. I feel slightly spaced out. Especially when I am doing something that causes a change in my respiration.

I recently went shopping and got a weird episode that seemed to worsen as I began to hastily put things on the conveyor. It also worsened as I jogged to the cash machine to get more cash for my shopping. Is this linked to my blood pressure? Doctors tell me my BP is perfectly fine. I'm confused about this. :mad:

Annie0904
24-10-12, 15:36
It is all part of anxiety. I feel like that a lot especially in the supermarket.

MargaretHale
24-10-12, 15:55
Or ask your GP about aura migraines. I get it a lot too. Certain lights and weathers make it worse. x

Ziggy455
24-10-12, 17:27
Or ask your GP about aura migraines. I get it a lot too. Certain lights and weathers make it worse. x

I used to suffer classic migraines with aura. I don't get them anymore but I do seem to get many visual symptoms.

Anxious_gal
25-10-12, 10:24
Tunnel vision? Anxiety can cause that

Ziggy455
25-10-12, 14:38
Tunnel vision? Anxiety can cause that Nope, no tunnel vision. :huh:

almamatters
28-10-12, 13:00
struggling with this as well at moment, it is so hard to describe to people. Mine feels like I am slightly hungover and spaced out. Feel dizzy and sometimes have to hold things when walking. I seriously hate it. But since my brain MRI was clear few months ago. GP unsure and has put it down to depersonalisation. As usual I am not convinced and am still looking for physical explanation. :flowers:

---------- Post added at 13:00 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

Always get it in supermarket too. These seems to be really common. Have walked out and left shopping at till before when it has been unbearable.

Ziggy455
28-10-12, 13:20
I feel you. I am starting to understand it, so first I will try to understand and then I will conquer it.

PanchoGoz
28-10-12, 14:09
I feel you. I am starting to understand it, so first I will try to understand and then I will conquer it.

You don't need to understand to accept :)

Ziggy455
29-10-12, 21:15
You don't need to understand to accept :)

I've had this for years. I've tried exceptionally hard to ACCEPT it. Somehow it's getting worse. For the last two days I have felt horrifically bad with it. I'm scared that these visual disturbances or depersonalisation points to something severe. :(

BobbyDog
30-10-12, 06:23
I get that all the time, it is down to my anxiety and the only way to make it go away is to ACCEPT IT and it will pass eventually.

PanchoGoz
30-10-12, 14:32
Aything that is anxiety often has no rational cause - that's why when you try to explore and get to the bottom of your symptoms you get nowhere. If it's something that is there when you are anxious and wasn't there before you were anxious, you must work out a way to assure yourself it is anxiety. And a good way of seeing if it is anxiety is to treat it that way. Then it will go.

Ziggy455
30-10-12, 22:13
I'm sort of worried that my depersonalisation is linked to a serious disease though?

PanchoGoz
30-10-12, 23:41
Depersonalazation is only ever linked to neurotic illness.....and it just so happens you are on No More Panic! If it were more serious you would have much much more sinister symtoms.

Ziggy455
31-10-12, 11:05
Depersonalazation is only ever linked to neurotic illness.....and it just so happens you are on No More Panic! If it were more serious you would have much much more sinister symtoms.

I hear depersonalization fits in with such illnesses as stroke, tumors etc. etc. A neurotic illness?

Neurotic or neurological? :wacko:

PanchoGoz
31-10-12, 11:19
Sorry, neurological. I'm not going to try to reason you out of this, I'm sure you have researched enough, but if you weigh it up...anxiety, or serious illness. Which is more likely considering your situation?

Also, something I did that helped me was accept that fact I might die of an awful disease at any time of my life, and that I might not. If I was sure I had something wrong with me due to unneccassary pain, I would see a doctor. If I wasn't in pain, I would accept it for what it is at the time. Mostly, whatever strange sensation I had, it would go. Otherwise it would reveal itself as something else, at which point I would seek help. Before this however, I would experience odd things for weeks and months at a time as I tried to solve them and they just got worse and worse. So (remembering google never comes into the equasion) I lived by the rule; if I don't need the doctor, I'm ok, and this left me with only a one decision and much less worrying.
(By the way, I've had Alice in Wonderland Syndrome on and off for much of my life, sometimes these things just exist)
Take care, Pan.

Ziggy455
01-11-12, 19:56
I'm not so sure what is up with me. The depersonalisation is strong. I'm worried it's linked. I've recently started CBT and my therapist tells me that it's a common trait of anxiety but somehow I can't switch off these worrying thoughts.