PDA

View Full Version : Need advice, (didnt know where to post)

LilysMummy
24-10-12, 15:55
Ive been to the walk in centre this morning, i had pregnancy symptoms, anyway they done a preg test and it can up positive the the positive line faded and then the 2nd test done the same, shes done blood but said u can't get a false positive and its prob too early to tell. i have the implant also, does this mean i am pregnant.. im confused! why wauld the line just disapper? thank you.
x

kt79
24-10-12, 17:43
You can get pregnancy tests that tell you how far along you are now, maybe try one of these for a more accurate result

lo89
24-10-12, 17:45
Did the staff at the walk in centre confirm you were pregnant? How far along would you be if you are?

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:43 ----------

I have been told by numerous midwives not to waste my money on expensive tests as they all work the same. The ones which tell you the dates are only working on hormone levels and these can vary between individuals and are not 100% accurate, hence why you get a dating scan and not just a pregnancy test.

sparkle_1979
24-10-12, 17:58
You can't get a faulse positive Hun if there is a line no matter how faint it means u r pregnant, though maybe very early and u could still get a period x

lo89
24-10-12, 18:12
The only thing I would say and this is speaking from experience, sometimes if you read the test too early a faint line can appear and then disappear before the development time has passed. This has happened to me several times!

Edie
24-10-12, 19:33
Read the instructions carefully. They will tell you to read the test within a certain time window. The line can fade later, but it's what happened during the time window that matters.