PDA

View Full Version : Swollen lymph on my neck.

Jsp
24-10-12, 21:23
I've had the lump for nearly a year now, seen the doc when I first notices it who said it's due to my lip piercing and that it will go down after I take it out. I took it out but it never went down.

Saw the doctor about a week ago, roughly about ten months after I saw the first doctor, who told me to book an appointment with my dentist as it could be due to a leaky filling (I have a filling on that side) and booked me in for a blood test to do after I get my teeth checked out to see if it's swollen due to infection (I know for a fact it's not as I've had several blood tests in the time that I've had the lump and all have came back fine). The lump is slightly hard, un-moveable but has stayed about 1cm in size for the past year without any growth, but is always prominent. Only gets bigger when I start fiddling with it but goes down within a few days, it also tends to ache a little every now and then after touching it. I suppose this is normal as lymph nodes aren't made to be fiddled with!

I'm just so nervous. If I have no problems with my filling, then the next step would be a biopsy :(. I managed to forget about it for a few days this week but now I'm starting to worry about it again. I hope it's nothing serious. You can imagine what I think it is. I don't really want to type it. I'm just trying to think positive as it hasn't grown since I first noticed it, but it's still scary.