PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and it's affects

Anxious lu
25-10-12, 01:58
Does anybody else get joint stiffness or clicking in times when anxiety is high.

A while back my anxiety was so bad and around this time my leg/hip joint began to click and grind when walking, I got headaches and aches and pains. Of course this only made my anxiety worse and my doctor just said these things sometimes happen.

I haven't though about it for a while as it seemed to disappear but te last two days my anxiety and adrenaline surges have been almost constant and I find the problem with my joint returned once again today.

Is this linked do you Reakon?

FayeM567
25-10-12, 02:02
A couple of months ago when my anxiety was very high and I was having constant panic attacks, I found my foot locked painfully and it was awkward to walk on. It went away as my anxiety waned. So, yeah I think it can.

Flossie11
25-10-12, 06:36
Before I really realized I was anxious I went to the dr. Because I felt awful. Full body aches (like I had he flu) and especially the joints in my hands and feet. Turned out it was all anxiety related. Basically your muscles and all are just so tensed up all the time that they hurt and complain.
Over time. Found that if I was particularly stressed the aches would show up.
Was kind of a wake up call that I needed to relax, or get more sleep, not work quite so hard etc. for a few days...