PDA

View Full Version : How do I let em know?

stay_gold
25-10-12, 09:42
I have a bad stomach infection at the moment which has left me pretty much bed bound, family wanna come round and see me but I don't want any vistiors, prior to that I haven't seen them for 3 months, although I have had long conversations with them on the phone even since the infection.
I hate having vistors when I'm ill, i'm not myself, I'm snappy or I just don't talk when I'm with someone in person. I don't like people seeing me like that. I know they're getting frustrated but I can't help the way I feel.

Annie0904
25-10-12, 09:49
I guess they are just wanting to support you but I understand your feeling of not wanting to see tham. Just tell them that you don't really feel up to visitors yet but you appreciate their support and want to chat on the phone. I have a friend who hates visitors when he is ill and I respect his feelings and just put a note through his door to let him know we are thinking about him.

stay_gold
25-10-12, 09:51
That's really nice

I have said that to them but I don't think its going through, they keep saying they just wanna see me. I'm starting to feel really bad now.

Annie0904
25-10-12, 09:59
I can understand from their point of view as they want to show they care for you but they need to understand that it is not your way. I get upset when my friend says he doesn't want to see anyone...he didn't even tell his family once when he was in hospital. I do respect though that we are not all the same. Maybe if you could ask them to give you a few more weeks as you would rather spend time with them when you are feeling a bit better. Tell them you really feel too ill at the moment to cope with anyone in the house but do miss them and will see them soon.

stay_gold
25-10-12, 10:14
I wish my friends we like you Annie lol, ur friends sounds excactly like me in that case.
O think i'll just tell them i'm too ill like you said, that's all I can do really.
Thanks (:

Annie0904
25-10-12, 10:38
:) I hope they understand and I hope you get well soon :hugs: