PDA

View Full Version : update!! I have flu! Feeling anxious.

loopylu86
25-10-12, 11:07
Hi everyone! So I have been quiet recently. I have to say..I have been brilliant. I really just seemed to slip back into some normality. I have been to friends and family without the urge to flee or feeling too bad. So I have been quite busy. Although now I am feeling anxious today. I just needed to come and have a vent. I went to the docs yesterday as I was up all the night before unable to breathe. So I was told I have flu and to rest and was prescribed an inhaler. Been in bed for 3 days now. My sis and her boyfriend are also off with the same. I woke this morning and had a phonecall from my other sis and we had a stressful conversation about my return to work and the bills at the house I live in (which I am the last one remaining in the family home) and after this conversation I just felt really dizzy and anxious and I am lead in bed now feeling awful with a knot in the belly. I am also due on my period tomo with belly pains and to top it all off I now have another boil. So I am feeling so crappy. I am due to return to work very soon and the thought makes me feel panicky. I associate the place with negativity and just feeling trapped. So the fact that I have this reaction worries me because I need to work to pay bills.

Really am feeling so down about everything.

Annie0904
25-10-12, 11:15
So pleased to hear from you..I have been worried about you (it's the mother instinct in me lol). Pleased to hear you have been doing well but sorry to hear you are having a bad time this morning and with work. I had an email from work yesterday asking me to go in for a meeting about my phased return starting on 5th Nov. I panicked straight away...I just don't know how I will cope with going back but if I can just get through that first morning! Would a phased return be a good option for you? I associate my work with negativity the same as you. We just need to win the lottery Lu :D xx

loopylu86
25-10-12, 11:29
I have been meaning to come online but have literally been too ill to move. I have pulled every muscle from coughing! I think a phased return sounds like the best option. If I could do 4 hours one week then 5 the next and just ease in that kind of way. I just need to change my mind set. It is just so strange that after that conversation I now feel like I have drawn back inside myself. If that makes sense. Do you think the hormones/etc could be causimg this? x

Elle-Kay
25-10-12, 11:37
Sorry you're feeling poorly Lu! I think it's very likely that raging hormones and being poorly are making you feel low & insular. Concentrate on getting better for now :)

I also agree with Annie that a phased return would be a good idea. Your Dr can recommend this on the new format fit-notes - there's a space for him/her to say that you are fit for work with certain caveats, such as a phased return. If your GP says it your work would be ill-advised to ignore it, and will almost certainly negotiate for this with you :)

It's nice to see you back :D x

Annie0904
25-10-12, 11:38
If your period is due I do think that has a big affect! It always did for me. (I have gone through the menopause now). I used to leave my tampons on the bathroom shelf and one day my son came and said "Mam, now the box on the shelf has changed to the regular size I think it is safe to ask you....." He was judging my moods by the size of my tampons :roflmao::roflmao:

Elle-Kay
25-10-12, 11:39
If your period is due I do think that has a big affect! It always did for me. (I have gone through the menopause now). I used to leave my tampons on the bathroom shelf and one day my son came and said "Mam, now the box on the shelf has changed to the regular size I think it is safe to ask you....." He was judging my moods by the size of my tampons :roflmao::roflmao:

That's hilarious!! :D :roflmao:

loopylu86
25-10-12, 11:44
Lol That's so funny!

I definitely am going to ask the doc to back me up with that one because it will be easier. I do want to get my routine back but just dread being back and getting anxious and not having an escape. I think we can all relate to that. I also have been feeling good for about 2 weeks. I want to make sure I have had a prolonged time of normality before rushing back. Today I can't really walk about as I feel really anxious x

Annie0904
25-10-12, 11:47
He was only about 14 at the time...it is funny how kids suss things out :D