PDA

View Full Version : have i failed ?

terror-x
25-10-12, 19:37
so the last few weeks haven't been very good for me my missis left me took my son went down London witch made me angry lonely anxious panicky.

also i had a HIV test done on Wednesday MAJOR panic attack waiting for the results making my self feel ill panicking over the result so went to the doctors today told him all about it and he has put me on 10mg Citalopram

but im to scared to take one in case i have a bad side effect my life is current a real mess im not sure how i feel at the minute i just need help i don't know what type of help im thinking about all sorts im just a wreck i just feel like i have failed life :weep:

Ziggy455
25-10-12, 19:42
so the last few weeks haven't been very good for me my missis left me took my son went down London witch made me angry lonely anxious panicky.

also i had a HIV test done on Wednesday MAJOR panic attack waiting for the results making my self feel ill panicking over the result so went to the doctors today told him all about it and he has put me on 10mg Citalopram

but im to scared to take one in case i have a bad side effect my life is current a real mess im not sure how i feel at the minute i just need help i don't know what type of help im thinking about all sorts im just a wreck i just feel like i have failed life :weep:

Why did she leave? You are having a stressful time in your life right now and this HIV Scare is pretty much adding stress. It is the straw that has broken the camel's back, figuratively speaking. Don't take the pills, but just close your eyes, take a deep breath.

Tell yourself you are human, and humans are prone to **** up in life. You feel like you have failed but what I want you to do is take a breather. Slow down. You're focusing on your illnesses too much and it's kicking off your anxiety. Try to focus on your family - they will take your mind off things more than you know. Call your wife - Tell her you love her and you're sorry, tell your son you love him.

Take deep breaths and relax. You are fine. I'm very positive your HIV results should come back clear.

Call your wife. Talk to her straight - it'll improve things greatly whether you feel like it will or not.

- Zigs.

Sparkle1984
25-10-12, 19:53
No you're definitely not a failure. You've been through a tough time with your wife leaving you and taking your son with her. It's no wonder you're feeling down and anxious.

I've been on 10mg citalopram for nearly 11 weeks and it's worked wonders for me. Yes, you may get side effects for the first few days but then things should start to improve. :) For the first 5 days or so I had insomnia and loss of appetite, but then these side effects wore off and by Week 3 I was feeling much calmer and happier.
10mg is the lowest dose, so the side effects shouldn't be too severe.

terror-x
25-10-12, 20:13
thank you sparkle for the side effect inforamtion but im not sure yet if i want to take them yet