PDA

View Full Version : Hi, not new, have come back as I am ill again

Trapped
25-10-12, 23:40
Hi,

I hadn't recovered completely after being here last, and now I am really bad again.

Depression and anxiety are my problems. Brought on by coping with my son who has mental health problems, the lack of support from the services assigned to him, and my terrible non-existent family. As you can probably tell I feel a lot of repressed anger which I know is causing some of the problems. My parents were hopeless, just disappeared, leaving my Gran to raise me. She was wonderful, if not for her I would not have survived.

Due to being a carer for my son I have had to hide my own problems, I have a fear of getting the help which I so desperately need. He was diagnosed ADHD at 5 and has been with the mental health system since, he was query bipolar and now is diagnosed ADHD/mood disorder.

I have spent my life helping others and there is nobody for me, I have been too soft and let my parents get away with ignoring me and living their own lives. They ignored my son too.

I am just turned 50 now and there is just my son and I, no family at all apart from him. He treats me terribly, he learnt that from my abusive ex. It is like living with my ex again, living with my son.

Anyway, that's some of it, I hope I don't sound full of self pity, when I came back I checked my signature and I feel just the same now as I did then....

nomorepanic
25-10-12, 23:50
Hi Trapped

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Trapped
25-10-12, 23:52
thanks Nicola

BobbyDog
26-10-12, 16:20
It has taken a lot of strength, courage and perseverance to get you through life to where you are now. I can personally relate to a lot of your life experiences. You have beaten this anxiety/depression before, as have I and we can both do it again.

Trapped
06-11-12, 01:41
Hi, sorry it's taken a while to come back. Thanks BobbyDog, hugs to you.

Flossie11
06-11-12, 04:58
Hi.
I'm pretty new here, but welcome back. After reading your story I think you must have tremendous strength. I think we all forget that sometimes, or have a tough time knowing it.
I'm sorry you are having a rough time, I know what it is like to feel like you're alone against your struggles. Hopefully coming back here helps you get through it. If you've beat it before, you will again.

ricardo
06-11-12, 14:55
it takes guts just to openly tell your story about your lfe. That's a very positive step for a start.

Trapped
06-11-12, 16:26
thanks Flossie and Ricardo, yes that first step, I took it last time and back tracked, this time I must take it and keep going.