PDA

View Full Version : Brain Tumour worries!

AlkiAdam
25-10-12, 23:55
Hello all,

Where do I begin!!?

Basically over the last couple of months (February onwards) I have been feeling not myself really, I have lost interest in so much around me, Ive been constantly worried about everything and I have sometimes forgotten a lot of things like what words to use in sentences and even in conversations with people I forget what words to use.

I don't tend to get headaches but recently I have developed mild headaches and feels like pressure building in my head. I cant bend down without my head feeling strange and if I look at something on one side and then look at the other it feels strange to :(

Im convinced I have something sinister wrong with me and when Im in busy situations or at work my head feels really "fuzzy"

I hate feeling like this, its making me really down and then I dont want to get out of bed or do anything.

Anyone got any advice on the situation? I have been to my gp about it and he did all the tests, balance, looked in my eyes etc and said everything was normal.

I feel so distant to everyone and its making me feel i am not having a quality of life at all :(

Many thanks

Adam

nomorepanic
26-10-12, 00:51
It really doesn't sound like a brain tumour to me but could be tension or a sinus problem

You could try a massage to start with

Nikkii28
26-10-12, 02:58
I have had this worry for a year. it started off in January with Heat in the back of my head and painful neck etc. Won't repeat all my symptoms but if you look at my posts you'll see.

Recently Ive developed tension headaches but they are never that bad, I really think it is tension AND sinus and ear problems and ive read/ been told by doctors that if it was a tumour you had then you would have really bad things happening, mainly sickness and seizures and very bad headaches that wake you up in the middle of the night.

Go talk to your doctor just for reassurance but i'm sure all your experiencing is tension or a sinus thing. :hugs:

almamatters
26-10-12, 15:54
I had all these symptoms since May and still do . Virtually begged GP for MRI scan to look for a tumour. This came back clear, but I am still suffering the symptoms, doctor at A and E said dehydration can cause these weird feelings but other than that he was not sure. I have been told stress and anxiety can as well, but always better to check with your GP

cassy1989
26-10-12, 15:58
I get all the pressure feelings in my head and cold and hot feelings. I used to think the same as you and was convinced I had a tumour but now I am over that certain worry and have noticed the pattern that it either happens when I'm stressed, tired or haven't drunk enough. Just think if it was a brain tumour it would more likely be very very bad headaches, balance problems and sight problems so I'm sure you don't have one but I'm not a dr so if you are really worried see your dr to put your mind at rest x

meche
26-10-12, 16:46
Oh boy! You sound like me up until a few weeks ago. Mine started in Feb and was pretty much constant day in day out. Headaches, earaches, dizziness, slurry speech, forgetfullness, spaced out - just to mention a few. I was convinced I had a tumour or was having a stroke but I passed all the little neuro tests the doctor makes you do and my blood tests all came back clear. I didn't feel stressed to begin with but as my symptoms got worse so did my stress, then so did my symptoms - it was a vicious circle.
I can't remember the exact day things started getting better but it did. I think I got so used to feeling like crap everyday that I stopped thinking about it and just accepted that this was how it was - it was only then that I started feeling better. Then I went on holiday and all my symptoms disappeared and haven't been back since. I have other stuff going on now but it's a different situation altogether. Believe me when I say you will get better. It won't happen overnight, maybe not even in a few weeks but you will get there. xx