PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm New & Need Advice Panic/Anxiety

SRBebb
26-10-12, 05:04
Hello All.

I am new to this site as advised by my friend.
I started suffering panic attacks in May this year and still have them on a daily basis which they can be quite severe - breathing, heart rate, crazy thoughts/feelings. This has lead to be quite anxious and at time depressed.
I tried anti depressants and beta blockers which didn't seem to help as I have a phobia of taking medicines so I don't wish to take this route. I have had a lot to deal with lately loosing loved ones, loss of friendship with friends, lots of work and this has made me feel tired and depressed. My life was never like this and I need help. I am looking at having counselling for my anxiety/panic attacks. With regards to recently loosing a friend I have got this severe fear of death which scares me. I don't get on with my dad well due to personal reasons but as I live with him I feel that this is an issue that needs sorting. Is there any tips I could do to relieve my anxiety/reduce panic attacks as this seems to be affecting me on a daily basis? Hope you can help - Steven

nomorepanic
26-10-12, 05:22
Hi SRBebb

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

MRS STRESS ED
26-10-12, 09:41
:welcome: im sorry to here your not good at the moment but youve done the right thing coming here lots of help and support xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:bighug1:

Tessar
26-10-12, 09:54
Hi Steven, Its totally understandable that you feel the way you do. losing loved ones, friendships etc is very difficult. you are having a difficult time & feeling anxious and depressed is no surprise. it made harder that you have a phobia about medicines; but you are certainly not alone in any of this.
Its good that you know need help and counselling for anxiety/panic attacks, this will be very positive for you at a time when looking for positives must be hard. Your severe fear of death is bound to be scarey; i think many people share that one with you (including me).
the information on this site is really good so keep reading up about your anxiety/panic attacks, particularly focusing on things that will help alleviate your symptoms, rathern than adding to the list of feelings to focus on.
plus keep posting on here becaause it really helps to feel like you have friends out there. i've not been on here long but people re so kind & caring. it's been a real boost. also being able to share my experiences with people makes me feel more valid too. so actually thank you for letting me be of help (I hope!!)

Sparkle1984
26-10-12, 13:41
Welcome to the forums. Like you I have a fear of death and dying, although I am getting better. I hope you'll get the support you need.

SRBebb
26-10-12, 16:45
Thanks guys.

Today I still feel very low in mood, I keep staying in bed trying to sleep until it wears off and I am not eating very well x

Tessar
29-10-12, 12:34
Steven - Any change?