PDA

View Full Version : New Girl

sarah1984
10-08-06, 16:39
Hi there! My name's Sarah, I'm 21, and about to go into my third year at uni. I'm so glad I found NMP and would like to say a big thank you to Nicola and co for keeping this forum running. Everyone seems really supportive and friendly and I'm sure the site brings a lot of strength and comfort to many peeps. I've been suffering from generalized anxiety disorder, and had to come home from uni on leave in March-it's been really tough and I'm desperate to go back as it's so lonely at home but I still have days where I really panic and wonder if I'll ever complete my degree. Has anyone else been in the same situation? Would love to hear from you...

manmoor
10-08-06, 17:00
Hi Sarah,

A big warm welcome to you. You will find loads of advice here and make new friends.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

polly daydream
10-08-06, 17:03
Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

IanB
10-08-06, 18:04
Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum.

I haven't been in your situation, but I know that you will get loads of support, advice and new friends from here.

Ian

alexis
10-08-06, 18:10
Hi sarah, welcome to the forum , you will meet lots of new friends on here, I hope you can go on to finish your degree, take care.xxx

nomorepanic
10-08-06, 18:51
Hi Sarah

A warm welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

nicjay
10-08-06, 22:23
Hi Sarah

I too had problems with anxiety whilst at university. I was so bad in my third year that i could not go to lectures and seminars but i stuck it out and got my degree thanks to my determination not to let the anxiety beat me. I studied at home using books from the library and my friends notes and i sat my exams in the health centre on campus. The Faculty were really helpful in supporting me through my difficult last year and the university had a really good counselling service which really helped also. If you want to chat more please feel free to pm me and i'd be happy to support you through this difficult period.

Thinking of you
Nicola
xxx

giddy
11-08-06, 09:25
Welcome to the forum Sarah
love Helen

suzanne
11-08-06, 09:41
Welcome Sarah

You will get loads of support here.

Love suzanne

s shaw

trac67
11-08-06, 11:08
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

seraone
11-08-06, 17:22
Hi Sarah,

I think Nicola had some great advice. My school also offers accomodations for exam taking, but I have always been too shy to look into it. Welcome!

Sarah

scoobygirl2005
11-08-06, 17:34
Hi.

Welcome to the forum.

Scooby2005
x x

Nicki22
13-08-06, 21:58
Welcome to the site,hope to chat more with you soon

come and join our new and fast growing general discussion forum....
http://z6.invisionfree.com/NGForum/index.php