PDA

View Full Version : 9 weeks +, tearful, building panic etc. How long ?

MrMan
26-10-12, 14:55
Started on 50mg, onto 100mg after the first 4 weeks.

I've been on these things for 9 weeks + now, recently broke down in tears (couldn't even manage to cry on Citalopram !), wake up in the morning feeling very anxious and struggling through the day with some pretty bad periods.

Most physical side-effects have got better, but anxiety and depression still cropping up a lot more than I need.

How long have people been on these meds before stabilising, can I still expect to get some improvement ?

frenchbean
26-10-12, 15:03
Hi there. Sorry to hear you're struggling. I have noticed a distinct improvement on 50mg after 8 weeks, although I still have bad ish days - today for example I've had alot of anxiety, however it lasts less long and is less intense and less frequent.

I hope you feel better soon.

Harrison Chase
27-10-12, 17:06
I've been on 50mg for 4 and a half weeks . I noticed some improvements straight away. I've still got quite bad anxiety though , especially the 'stomach in knots ' feeling. I'm hoping this just needs more time ?.

MrMan
18-11-12, 15:03
Things did get a bit better for a while but I just had a massive wobble. Didn't used to get such bad relapses years ago, not happy with this trend :/

TJSMITH
18-11-12, 15:45
Mrman
How long you been on it now?
I been on it five months and still have wobbles although a lot of days are easier now x

MrMan
18-11-12, 16:20
It must be 3 months now, bit disappointed that i'm still so vulnerable at times.

TJSMITH
18-11-12, 17:11
Is it the physical symptoms you suffer ? Mine is all in the mind now like a fear of nothing and a sense of sadness for no reason.
I keep a diary to see what's happening I mostly struggle if not busy of in my own.

MrMan
19-11-12, 10:26
To be honest, its just the same old symptoms as without at the moment, hyper-sensitivity, ruminating, uncontrollable worrying etc.