PDA

View Full Version : Depersonalisation again!

MissHDynamite
26-10-12, 15:32
Here we go again... been on Lustral (sertraline) for a few weeks now.. the last 3 on 50. First few weeks, horrendous! but the last couple of weeks not nearly as bad with panic. However, the last 3 days I have felt it building and this morning I was frightened to lift my head from under the covers, wondering how I will get through the day.. didn't get up until gone 12! I am so tired, struggling to think straight, struggling to function.

I know I always answers other with the knowledge that it will pass but I need to hear it myself today.. The other thing is (sorry chaps) but I have also started my monthly's.. do we think that could be having an affect?

Big Thank you as always xx

Arose
26-10-12, 16:34
Hi, I suffer with dp too. I've had it most of this week, but it usually takes about a day for it to go. It's definitely worse around time of the month, must be hormones causing temp chemical changes in the brain.

Just tell yourself that it can't harm you and it's just your brain reacting to stress. I find that using the computer too much and bright lights make it worse.

MissHDynamite
26-10-12, 16:44
Sorry to hear that you are having a stressful week Arose.. I will take note of my monthly's now to see if it happens around that time again. I have it quite often.. it just seems that the days pass by without feeling anything.. keep trying to do the mindfulness thing but some days are harder than others.

Hope your feeling better soon x