PDA

View Full Version : Hypnosis

mrhfx
10-08-06, 16:44
Has anyone tried this? and if so how were the results?

mackncody
12-08-06, 07:45
Yea I want to know too. I have heard it helped some people but not others. I'm wondering where you would find the hypnotist? Sorry to hijack your thread. [Oops!]

If nothing else...I will survive.

To: SSJHSMH-U are light and my heart and strength. I will protect you in this life or the next always.

nicjay
12-08-06, 12:47
Hi

I had hypnosis for my anxiety about going anywhere and i found it did not really help me. It involves a lot of visualisation of the problem and putting it into perspective but like i said i felt it was of no benefit to me. Although it was of no help to me it may benefit you, i think it depends on who the individual is. The only difference i found from having the treatment was that i ended up a little lighter in the purse!

Nicola
xxx

nomorepanic
12-08-06, 13:38
I used to love it.

My experiences are on my website ....

How Hypnotherapy can help with Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=hypnotherapy)

Nicola

mrhfx
12-08-06, 14:21
Interesting feedback, Nicola did you use it for OCD specifically?

tnt808
13-08-06, 02:17
I had 3 or 4 sessions of hynosis...I can't exactly remember how many. Either way it was less than memorable for me. It did not work....perhaps it was the overly cocky, confident, ^&*&(( of a doctor I had too. If you try it I suggest you go in with as open of a mind as possible, and I wish you the best of luck w/it.

Tina

mrhfx
15-08-06, 16:58
thanks for the replies I am strongly considering giving this a shot

strawberrie
15-08-06, 18:29
hi, i had hypnotherapy and it was a lovely experience. i have never felt so relaxed in my life and i felt as though i was on a relaxed sort of 'high' for quite a while afterwards.

the reason i had the hypnotherapy was because i was becoming really nervous in front of other people and had got to the stage where i would dread picking the kids up from school because i was so nervous going to the playground. After around 6 sessions of hypnotherapy i no longer had this problem, and now i even look back and wonder why i found it so difficult because i don't even think about it now.

however, it was difficult to tell if it was the hypnotherapy that had 'cured' me, because there were quite a few changes that happened in my life about that time which would've made a difference too. it was also the first time that i had really talked to anyone about how i felt which probably made a big difference too.

from my experience, i don't think that hypnotherapy can 'cure' your problems, but it can boost your self esteem and make you feel so much more relaxed so you don't feel as nervous about situations.

i would totally recommend it, but if you want to go ahead make sure that you find a therapist you are happy with because i think that made a huge difference to me.

feel free to pm me if you want to ask anything else about it.

good luck,
mag

mrhfx
15-08-06, 18:32
Thank you for the feedback, the tricky thing will be to find a good therapist, and to trust him enough to allow it to have a chance to work

Karen
15-08-06, 19:31
I've had hypnotherapy in the past and found it really helpful. I'm actually going for another session tomorrow.

Maybe it is worth giving it a try? When looking for a therapist make sure they are registered with one of the professional associations. Also if you don't build a rapport with the first one then do try another. I found the hypnosis much more helpful for me from the second therapist I saw.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

mrhfx
15-08-06, 20:03
Good Information
Thank You