PDA

View Full Version : Can't take feeling like this anymore

Mrsg12
26-10-12, 23:19
Hi

If you have read my recent posts you'll know I've been suffering with vertigo/dizziness and was diagnosed with labrynthitis. I used nasal spray for two weeks and vertigo went, only had occasional dizziness.

I had my first appointment with mental health team on Thursday and they have told my GP to put me on 5mg of escitalopram (dr not done prescription yet). Anyway, I stopped taking nasal spray yesterday and today I've felt dizziness/vertigo coming back. I'm now certain I have a brain tumour and it's stopping fluid draining from my sinuses and that's the real cause if the labrynthitis. I keep feeling as though things are moving around me.

I'm scared to go to sleep now in case I wake up with vertigo (my past attacks have all happened during the night). My GP has told me its nothing serious and it's being made worse by my anxiety. I also suffered terribly with vertigo 7 years ago when I had a breakdown.

I'm so fed up with feeling like this I just can't stand it anymore. I'm hoping the meds will help but I'm also petrified to take them in case they give me vertigo. I feel so alone and trapped in my own head. I wouldn't wish this feeling on anyone - even my ex who was an abusive bully.

Sorry for long post :-(

Xx

MissHDynamite
26-10-12, 23:52
Hello Mrsg.. So sorry you are still having your vertigo. I had a few weeks where I seemed to have it quite regularly. It is a horrible feeling. It would sometimes be when I looked up or down.. I also woke up with it a couple of times, seemed to be when laying on my left and then sometimes it would just come out of nowhere. Mine seemed to be down to anxiety. If it helped, can you not continue to use the nasal spray even though you are starting citalopram? I am on Lustral (Sertraline) but do know that 5mg of citalopram is a low dose and am sure it won't make your vertigo symptoms any worse. I think maybe your at the stage I was when given tablets. I was petrified to take them but came to realise that I felt so poorly anyway, it has got to be worth a try, so have a go.. You never know they might just help :) x

Flossie11
27-10-12, 02:16
I have the vertigo stuff too, and yes, it's not fun. I find it is definitely worse when my stress level is higher. I am on 10mg of citalopram and have off and on noticed some relief.
The meds definitely didn't make the vertigo any worse, and helped me not freak out while dealing with it.
I am hoping it shall eventually pass.
From what I have read it sounds like the escitalopram produces less side effects than citalopram.