PDA

View Full Version : lump in neck (new here too)

rachee24
27-10-12, 13:49
hi guys im new here as i suffer health anxiety and i was posting my worries on baby and bump a pregnancy site evn tho im not pregnant there was a health and wellbeing page. a lady on there said i could try no more panic out as it help her :) anyway i have a lump in the right side of my neck this panic came on after i found lumps in my LO's neck took him to he doctors and the doctor said he was fine anyway every since the past week and half ive been checking for lump non-stop! i found this one while in the shower its like half way down the right side in the main muscle its like a pea and been there for a week i went to the doctors thursday and she said it a swollen lymph and theres nothin wrong with it! i cant help but think now its something more serious :weep: have any of u got a lump like this? ive never felt it there before it could of always been there for all i know but never felt it untill i started searching for lumps i cant cope with all this goin on in my head! since having my son 2 years ago all this started!

i wouldnt have bloods tests done when i was preganant incase i had leukemia.. i did have them in the end though.. i had white cells in my urine at 1 point i was googlin all the time convinced i had something wrong! ive had heart attacks .. lung cancer. bowel cancer kidney failure ive got a mole thats never been looked at so i keep thinkin it skin cancer! jheeze and need u peoples help im 24 by the way x

Annie0904
27-10-12, 13:53
Hi :welcome: If your doctor said it is nothing to worry about then I am sure they will be right. Please take the reassurance from your doctor. :hugs:

rachee24
27-10-12, 14:12
hi thankyou i do take reassurance form the doctor just to make me feel better then i get this horrible feelin come over me like ehat of its grows etc :weep: would it over gotta bigger within a week if it was anything to worry about?

Annie0904
27-10-12, 14:16
I know it is hard not to doubt sometimes and I used to be like that but now I just trust my doctor because he has never been wrong yet :) x

rachee24
27-10-12, 15:14
thankyou im defo going to stop touchin it now! :doh:xxx

lo89
27-10-12, 16:45
Hey, your story is kind of similar to mines! I'm 23 and have never really had anything seriously wrong with me, yet I am constantly convinced I have something seriously wrong with me! My health anxiety began because of a mole which I for checked out when I was about 10 and was told to keep an eye on, it freaked me out so much that i never went back about it and now I am convinced I have cancer!
My most recent outbreak of health anxiety was brought on by pregnancy, I sadly had a miscarriage and as it is my second consecutive pregnancy loss and we are both young and healthy they have offered to investigate but I am too scared in case they find out I have cancer! I have never had a smear for the same reason. I constantly feel for lumps and thought I had found one on my collarbone recently but it turned out to be a tendon running over the top of another tendon! I found some more lumps on my groin recently and I am too scared to get them checked out.
I am trying to cut down the amount of times I am allowed to check for lumps. It is really working for me - I was literally checking myself every half hour at least! I now only check once every two days and aim to get it down even lower.
I can sympathise with being scared to find out something is wrong - I fainted during a dental x ray as I was convinced they would see tumours, I got bloods done and called every day to check up on them, as I said I am too scared to get recurrent miscarriage testing, I have an appointment with the dermatologist which I am petrified about!
:hugs: try to relax and don't let health anxiety stop you enjoying your precious child!

rachee24
27-10-12, 17:52
oh bless you! u r just like me....

its hard when u feel like this everyday is a constant depression and feeling low! i had the bloods done when i was pregnant i would even pull the fone out the hook as i was petrified the doctor was going to call me with bad news i would fear of the postman coming with a letter of bad news from the doctor! i would hate my midwifes appointment and the urine samples they have to do many of tym there was white cells and something else where u havent eaten? googling all the time thro my pregnancy! made my life a pure misery.... even in labour i would not let the nurses doctors or midwifes take blood despite there best efforts they kept asking y am i afraid which made me worse! in the end the done them when i was that drugged up....

ever since i gave birth my anxiety has gotten terrible i can go months without worryin they months with worryin. even though i went through some tough months crying everyday etc went thro loads of tests turned out my gallbladder wasnt working and went thro £ attacks within month even took myself to a and e convinced i was having a heart attack that fear was over then another comes its never ending!

i know how u feel feel free to pm anytime its hard wen we feel like this and nothing cant stop it .. im glad i came to this forum :hugs: