PDA

View Full Version : Dying from a new disease every 3 days... maybe 5!

HAnotfun
27-10-12, 15:32
Well hello there... I am a 26 yr old female, and happen to sudfer from health anxiety. This is not know to be so strong by the people around me. As a matter of fact, my friends have no clue, nor the people in my church-I am a leader, and I figured it would be terrible for them to find out-.

This whole ordeal started about 3 yrs ago, after getting really sick of my stomach and intestines. I lost over 25 lbs in a matter of weeks. Durig that time I found a lump on the left side of my abdomen near my ribcage. Ot does seem movable and doctors can feel it too, but it doesnt seem to come up in xrays, ct scans nor ultrasound. All my symptoms and doscomfort were regarded... No one know what it is. This whole situation left me speechless... I feet is squishing my organs... And it bothers me, but doctors tell me not to worry because nothing is there (please realize I have seen over 5 DOCTORS with the results and they all say the same). Well, I figured, it probably is fat deposit or a cyst who knows!? But ever since then, every time I feel the minimal discomfot or pain in my body I think I have a new disease. I know its ridiculous!!! But I can't help it. A couple months ago I felt burnibg in my back, nausea, pain in my chest... I was convinced I was having a heart attack, well turns out I had GERD. A little change in diet and pills, and its gone! I also had pain in my neck and a horrible headache, I thought I had meningitys... I KNEW I would die... I took two pills and it resolved... Probably muscular! I also experienced pain in my ear for a couple of weeks, I thought I had a brain tumor!! Well, that went away in its own!:) oh... And that time a few days ago when an area near a mole in my back was itching and I thought I had melanoma that spread, but it happens to be a normal mole and the itching probably came from the bra! Now a couple days later, I am experiencing pain in my left arm, and I keep thinking it could be lung cancer!!! But I must say I started doig insanity 5 days ago and the pain has been there for 4! :shrug: See what I mean!!?? I know its probably muscular.. And I am still trying to convince my self!!!

I really dont know how to deal with this. My husband doesnt know it is this severe...no one knows!! Sould I get help? It only lasts about 2 days.. Until I feel a little pain in my body and start thinking the worst. I would lice for all thus to go away, and just live a normal worry free life... But this is not my case!!

HELP ANYBODY THAT HAD BEEN THERE!!!!!???

lo89
27-10-12, 16:49
We have all been there!:hugs:
Try to think of the chance there is of you having any illness, it is very low!
Would your husband be understanding? Your g.p. Can refer you for cbt, I am waiting for my first appointment, it is apparently very good!